User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Yep, an enlightened anarchy is this INFP's political ideal.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    INFP

There would be a hell of a lot of agonizing and soul-searching over whether we had a right to rule over other types, and what we should do with our power. Do we have the right to force people to comply with our vision of the way the world should be run? What if we're wrong, after all? Or do we have a responsibility to force people to comply with our vision of the way the world should be run? How, in fact, should the world be run? How should we order the priorities of our rulership? Is overpopulation a more pressing problem than climate-change, for instance? When did we become so preoccupied with power, anyway? Do we really want to rule? Is this who we are? Did those ENTJs really just tell us that we're fucking up the planet with our indecision?! Don't they realize that these decisions are fucking monumental and can't be rushed into? Can't they see that we're fucking trying? They did it again! Off with their heads! OMG you cut all their heads off! And we told you to do it! What have we done?? We are unfit to rule! We are hopelessly corrupt and have become everything we thought we hated! We're monsters! We must be stopped!

Okay, maybe not.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hug stations at every corner.

*shudder*

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post

*shudder*
    "Hug stations" sounds more Fe than Fi.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    "Hug stations" sounds more Fe than Fi.
    I've noticed that INTPs in particular seem to have difficulty distinguishing between these two functions.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Think of Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes fame - how would he rule the world? Megalomania, dinosaurs, spaceships, dinosaurs IN spaceships, spacechips for the hungrier dinosaurs, muchos-ordering-of-xNTPs to invent a working transmogrifier to satisfy the Godzilla/Mothra instincts... I WANT TO CRUSH BUILDINGS after they've been safely evacuated and all objects of sentimental value removed, random unbidden romances with unwilling NTs, GROS(insert-something-beginning-or-ending-with-S-here) clubs and no baths for kids who don't want 'em. Until they're too smelly, at which point, water hose fights and mass sprinkler parties for all! And everyone would be forced to look at cuteoverload until world peace has been achieved.

Then after it all collapses in a giant heap among the smoking Gozilla-footprint-shaped ruins, there would be a quiet handover to the TJs to fix the whole thing up so we can DESTROY IT ALL OVER AGAIN. MWA HA HA HA!!

Sorry, I just finished reading a Calvin and Hobbes collection. To be more serious, I agree with Tovlo.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I say keep your silly world, the one in my head is so much more pleasant and entertaining.

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I've noticed that INTPs in particular seem to have difficulty distinguishing between these two functions.
    Ok then. There would be a local therapist and massage parlor at every corner than. Weeping benches every block and a local Happy Times.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't mean to offend. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm not wanted. I knew I shouldn't have wandered into the Idyllic. I definitely do not belong here.

And... 'sound logic'? Lol. What a joke. INTJs have none of that.

Then again, I'd rather have a world ruled by INFPs than INTJs, for what it's worth. INTJs have the bad habit of pissing people off (as seen here). That would mean war sparking everywhere. INFPs, even if they disagree, would likely not war, at least not so overtly...
    No, no, feel free to wander over any time. Yes, that was meant to be a joke. I just had to write that eventually. No, it's actually not a feel-good thread. It also doesn't seem to be serious.

On a similar note (you can put this in another thread if you want) in terms of 'feel-good' threads, both extraverted judgement processes have what I like to call an "Amen-chorus" quality about them (I'll come up with a more positive-charactarizing word sometime). Which does NOT mean that these processes are inherently conformist, but does mean that they both evoke what is commonly agreed upon or readily apparent.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post

*shudder*
    Oh c'mon, you know you want some.

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Think of Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes fame -
    I'm thinking more like David Banner - "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" - mild-mannered INFPs get their buttons pushed and go on shadow-Te-fueled rampages. Destroying everything in sight now; much remorse and teeth-gnashing, Ben & Jerry's slurping, bad poetry purging later.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org