User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Since, deep down, all INFPs are conspiracy nuts, they'd probably start suspecting themselves of paranormal corruption and commit suicide to save the planet.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Since, deep down, all INFPs are conspiracy nuts, they'd probably start suspecting themselves of paranormal corruption and commit suicide to save the planet.
    Only extreme Greens want to kill themselves off to save the planet.

My mom is probably INFP and so are my sisters probably... Nothing would get done while they avoided conflict. Arguing would happen. It would be fueled by feelings.. and then end because of feelings. But it wouldn't really 'end'. The problems would just be avoided. And then they would discuss the problems among other INFPs while not doing anything constructive. They probably wouldn't change their mind or values, so this would just happen all over again when a conflicting topic is brought up again. Inaction..can be annoying..but it might be a good thing in this case.
    You couldn't say the world would necessarily be more peaceful though considering all the different values someone could have...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Excuse me? You're asking us a question and you don't want to speculate the possibility or realism of it, and yet you ask "Wouldn't you agree?? What do you guys think?"

What is this for then? A feel-good thread for INFPs?

...Oh wait. Fs do that sort of thing...

Carry on.
    oh really? You are an INTJ right? Your auxiliary function is extraverted thinking? Permit me to offend you. Some of the most intense "yes-man" behavior occurs in academics:
    "Whew, man, I almost passed out, for a second I thought you said that modernization theory was wrong. Well, everybody knows that modernization theory is always right. Economic developement creates a bussiness class that always lobbies for democracy. Modernization theory is always right (repeats it to themselves about 20 times, thinks to themselves "and our economics department is a paragon of scientific-ness") By the way, kid, what do you think of our economics department"
    "Sir, I think your research is the epitome of sound logic"

Anyway.
    If INFPs ruled a country. the following things would happen to some degree:
    -The feeling function would become unemotional, and introverted feeling would be worshoped just like the extraverted thinking function is here in america now.
    -thinking would become the 'emotional function', and if they society was still sexist, anima extraverted thinking would be projected on to one of the sexes.
    -in politics, an extremely indirect informing communication would be the standard and politicians who tried to role-direct would be ignored (by the way, this is the case in some eastern countries. People actually associate extreme direct-ness and extraverted thinking with women. As with America, it is used as an "explanation" that they're not suited for power, except that the supposedly inherent styles are reversed)
    -extraverted thinking women would be worshoped (or men, if it ended up being a matriarchy)
    -goverment would be much more responsive to the ideas of academes, but any that stressed thier definations and theories to strongly would risk punishment.
    -Ni and Si types would be pathologized and ignored, however, if, say, if one didn't know the purpose of thier life and couldn't forsee future events, they would be considered failures and would be frequently humiliated, while real Ni types would be imprisoned.
    -Se would be mocked and neutralized, and if people cheated in relationships and had numerous affairs, 'they only had a lust-relationship to begin with' would be considered a legitimate excuse.
    -Psychiatry would go out of fashion, and old diagnosis-words would be considered a form of hate speech from 'the old regime' and offenders would be punished by being barred from the libraries and bookstoors, and restricted to government-approved books.

So no, it would not be all sunshine, lollypops, and rainbows.
    However, INFPs are just as able to lead as any other type.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Peaceful maybe, but nothing would really ever happen. We'd all be too scared to say or do anything for fear of stepping on someone else's toes.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

ideally i would really like to rule the world, because i have a lot of ideas about what could be changed for the better, however i'm not very good at doing anything that i actually conjure up in my head.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    oh really? You are an INTJ right? Your auxiliary function is extraverted thinking? Permit me to offend you. Some of the most intense "yes-man" behavior occurs in academics:
    "Whew, man, I almost passed out, for a second I thought you said that modernization theory was wrong. Well, everybody knows that modernization theory is always right. Economic developement creates a bussiness class that always lobbies for democracy. Modernization theory is always right (repeats it to themselves about 20 times, thinks to themselves "and our economics department is a paragon of scientific-ness") By the way, kid, what do you think of our economics department"
    "Sir, I think your research is the epitome of sound logic"
    I don't mean to offend. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm not wanted. I knew I shouldn't have wandered into the Idyllic. I definitely do not belong here.

And... 'sound logic'? Lol. What a joke. INTJs have none of that.

Then again, I'd rather have a world ruled by INFPs than INTJs, for what it's worth. INTJs have the bad habit of pissing people off (as seen here). That would mean war sparking everywhere. INFPs, even if they disagree, would likely not war, at least not so overtly...

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Leaving one type to do all the ruling in the world is inherently a bad idea.
    This reminds me of the Simpsons episode (They Saved Lisa's Brain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) in which Lisa and the rest of the town intellectuals finally get to run the city. And they do run it, right into the ground.

Bottom line: All types are normative and needed. This presupposition underlies the MBTI.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    All types are built for leadership, just in different ways. INFP leadership bassically tries to motivate and empower the subjects through encouragement and communication, rather than rank and structure and sanctions. INFP's can be great leaders in the right context, such as a group project where the people working don't need a whole lot of additional instruction once the project is understood. INFP's probably don't make good presidents/prime ministers/kings/ect, but in other situations they can be excellent.
    I'm sure an INFP could be a very capable leader in the world as it exists today. They would have a unique set of gifts and struggles and like any other leader, would likely be most effective gathering those around them who would complement their strengths and supplement those areas where they may have weakness.

However, I imagine an INFP best suited to a world of peaceful anarchy as defined below:

"A theoretical social state in which there is no governing person or body of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder)."

Anarchy

Which of course would mean no INFP leader, as there would be no leaders at all.

I think an INFP's most effective leadership might come from envisioning a populace mature enough to conduct themselves with the same loving consideration for their fellow human as is had for self and striving as best they are able within the constraints of current society to live that vision.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

^^^

Wow. You took the words right out of my mouth, cleaned them up, rearranged them and stated them more eloquently than I could have.

That's exactly what I was just going to say. Just live and let live. Maybe an autonomous collective or two. (couldn't resist)
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org