User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Losing "the spark"

@FunnyDigestion Just wondering but how old are you?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Senior Member Array FunnyDigestion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    @FunnyDigestion Just wondering but how old are you?
    In tha profile

I've been told I seem young on the forum. I guess I focus on being a goofball a lot of the time here, so that's probably why I seem below my actual age.
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

I'm not Trunks Array

I'm 31, but I didn't look like 31. I think people at various age tend to like me because of my 'childish' tendencies. I never have boyfriend which is older than me..

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by charisma View Post
    I think everyone goes through phases in life where they look back and envy the energy they had in particular situations. As we move on in life, and things change and things happen, our insight changes and so do our perspectives. Maybe something happened that made you have a bitter resentment against certain people or towards certain places. Maybe a rough patch with no work, school isn't all that great, making friends is challenging and you can't get a date. This can send us into downward spirals which make us contemplate who we were before this dark POV. This may not apply directly to your situation, but I know that i've experienced what I've described more than once. In fact, I'm going through a total self evaluation; I want a change, I want to be different, noticed and have all these friends and connections that these bright, vibrant people have.. but it just doesn't seem to work out that way. I get discouraged when trying to be creative and give up on the imaginative side of my brain, taking up a hobby definitely helped me to access this part of my self again and express the inner art that I possess.
    Good luck to those of you having trouble with this ! We can't control life, but we can control our thoughts. <3
    Just sayin..made me think of this..
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

curiouser and curiouser Array bluestripes's Avatar

i both can and cannot relate to this. i do feel i lack something essential. when i remember the way i used to be before i turned sixteen or so, it feels as if i was whole then - or as if my "self" then was the real one, that which i was really supposed to be - but now i am not. or i don't feel i am. it is like having a huge gaping hole inside, with wind blowing through without meeting a single obstacle. the emptiness feels wrong, but there isn't much i can do about it.

on the other hand, i don't feel comfortable with the references to aging. i don't feel old at all - closer to the opposite. it's more as if something vital has been severed and i haven't had the time to grow used to this.

(i feel tongue-tied when i try to describe this, more so than usually. this impacts everything else i do or experience, but it is also incredibly difficult to put into understandable words)
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb