• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Uncommon INFJ Issues

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is a thread to address the other side of INFJ's issues, the Un-common ones. Inspiration for this stems from Fidelia's thread 'Common INFJ Issues', and this is a thread addressing the least-common, lesser-seen or lesser-understood issues.

Thank you, Fidelia.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have noticed some pretty intense manipulating by an INFJ. It really caught me off-guard too because I hadn't seen it coming. At all.
I'm not dumb, and people say I'm really smart. But my goat was gotten. So many times.
Fortunately, I got away from the 'perpetrator'. But i'd really like to learn and to grasp how I was manipulated so harshly.
Now I've heard INFJ's can manipulate by utilizing their emotions and through their empathy. In your view, and if you had to imagine being manipulative, ( obviously in someone else's shoes), how might you imagine an INFJ goes about doing this to another?
I know it's not your 'thing' to be like this or anything, but I am so curious how I got fooled. For so long.
I'll take the first effort at trying to figure out INFJ manipulation..
I guess it would have to start as a strategy in the mind, which surprises me that an INFJ would value strategy so strongly. I thought feeling was more important, which is also why I didn't suspect I was even being manipulated.
So another part of it I remember is that broad generalizations were used at the start of the friendship, I think, to 'condition' me into going along with believing what's said is true. Just seemingly innocent statements, like 'That guy eats at that restaurant every day.'. Looking back (finally questioning the validity of this, I can know that the guy didn't live in the same town the restaurant was located and cometo think, he works out of his house in another town all day. So therefore it's obviously not true. So many other things were deliberately said, to I think lead me to assume whatever is coming out of the mouth next will be a true statement. After all, INFJs like honesty and why would anyone think therefore that one would be lying?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It kind of reminds me of the trick people play where the ask you three questions, all three questions in a row have the answer 'yes'. And the manipulator asking them knows that by the third answer 'yes', the person asked will be conditioned to answer the fourth question with a 'yes', too.

It's weird, like the intellect is bypassed by conditioning.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFJ has been getting a lot of bad press in TypeC lately.

Hmm.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Every INFJ I've met is wonderful, with the exception of just one.
suckup :coffee:

INFJ has been getting a lot of bad press in TypeC lately.

Hmm.

It's alll part of the pattern. We live in a very pretty 'chaotic'/complex system :)

cyc_emot.jpg

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I mentioned this in my SP Wannabe thread, but sometimes the Inferior function, the Se, rears its ugly head at times and interferes with whatever plans I have.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I mentioned this in my SP Wannabe thread, but sometimes the Inferior function, the Se, rears its ugly head at times and interferes with whatever plans I have.

tumblr_lr3navql0Q1qh1rku.jpg

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Is this the notorious ESTP shadow personality that takes form under extreme INFJ stress?