User Tag List

Thread: NFPs & Change

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default NFPs & Change

Anyone feel like they resist change? Under what circumstances do you embrace or retreat from it?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hmmm.. I've always felt that change is my thing. I make it happen. There are definitely things I value and want to remain, but that doesn't have anything to do with the principal of change itself. I'm interested in hearing other answers. Maybe I'm missing something about myself here.

I always say I want change. Something new for once. But when change arrives, it scares me.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Anyone feel like they resist change? Under what circumstances do you embrace or retreat from it?
    More often than not, change seems good to me. Of course I resist change. Every time someone takes my money, I resist. When it's too cold, I resist. However, necessity compels me even if I don't like a shift in my environment, and I work for a change I enjoy. Always. Kind of a silly question if you ask me. The kind of change that Fi and Ne tends to evoke in the mind is really microscopic in effect compared to the overall need to survive and thrive through change and conservation.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

I go back and forth about this!

I am very tolerant of having routine, in fact, I probably gravitate toward it for security. But then I will immediately tire of the routine and want a change. It is a delicate balance.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It depends and it's a little obvious... If I like the change, I'm receptive to it and happy that that will change. If I don't like the change, I just resist it...
    If something is changing to get more confortable, easier, closer to someone I like, farther from someone I don't like, to do something I like doing, etc, I embrace it. If it's the opposite, I resist it. I may also change my point of view (due to reasoning, thinking or someone convincing me) and change from embracing to resisting and vice-versa...
    Last edited by Elfa; 02-16-2012 at 11:05 AM.

garbage

When things are stable, it makes me question the stability. It's much easier for me to start processes from scratch rather than use existing ones.

I ask myself questions constantly: Why do we have the traditions we have? Why does such-and-such a rule exist? What foundations have I rested myself upon--and should I have done so?

Sometimes, things need to be broken so that they can be built up even stronger.

I fully embrace and even actively pursue change in all but the most core areas (i.e. elementary constants directly tied to established Fi values.)

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I don't mind change. I like routine, as long as there's enough stimuli within that routine to keep me interested. With the existence of the internet, I would say that I may never get bored of my routine now. Big change can be scary, but also exciting, so I'm kinda neutral about it.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like change a whole lot...i tend to constantly want to improve things. however...i often order the same things when i go to certain restaurants. which seems a bit odd for 7 maybe but i'm almost...nostalgic about it...like i'm recreating fond memories or something.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison