• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTPs please?

Mertonchavez

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
So I don't know if I have met any ENTPs. I am usually pretty good at guessing what personality type someone is but have yet to come across any ENTPs. I am curious about the typical ENTP and INFJ interaction and if most people are pleased with it. What have your experiences been? And where do you ENTPs hang out? I want to meet one.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They probably don't hang out in the NF forum.

R

Riva

ENTPs usually get along quite well with INFJs.

Especially ENTP males with INFJ females. Especially if the INFJ is a 4w5. They are the least likely to react badly at ENTP teasing, pushing and annoying. They (INFJ 4w5) can take a bit of teasing without crying over it and could tease back and are stronger than other INFJs I have noticed.

The ENTP male INFJ male interactions from what I have noticed don't go so well. Even if the male is a 4w5. INFJ males seem to take things a bit too seriously. INFJ E 9s also get along quite well with ENTPs. But then again I assume they do with all types since they are 9s.

Basically for a long lasting relationship to succeed with an ENTP one should be able to take a bit of teasing and testing without taking it too seriously and assuming that the ENTPs is being arrogant and narcissistic. So any type who is able to do that and is able to have fun with them (with the testing and teasing) is capable of bonding with an ENTP. The ENTP would take care of the rest. They are not judgmental, harsh or overkills.

So if one has a obvious difference with an ENTP, the ENTP would still find ways to run a smooth relationship with the least amount of blood spilled as possible.

:)

Edit -

ENTPs are magical, highly admirable, lovable, brilliant people who are the most capable of putting a smile on your face and giving you a good time or get in to your pants

Sigh, how I wish I was one!

Mertonchavez

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Thanks! Sounds like my type of guy!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My experience with most INFJ's has been magical.

I think it's because the INFJ's are mature, and their mysticism is developed and shows. This creates a darn-near impossible to resist magnetism.

I've had one relationship with a very unhealthy INFJ. It was horrible. But that's unusual.

You won't find ENTP's in any one type of place. Our interests vary so broadly (we're interested and inspired by all sorts of stuff) that we could be just about anywhere. Which is good really. More chances to meet one!

On the other hand, INFJ's limit their types of places. I've met a few. The library is a great place to meet INFJ's :)

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The ENTP male INFJ male interactions from what I have noticed don't go so well. Even if the male is a 4w5. INFJ males seem to take things a bit too seriously. INFJ E 9s also get along quite well with ENTPs. But then again I assume they do with all types since they are 9s.

I don't agree with this, if I could get past the whole penis issue I would be married to R.A from this forum!

S

Society

I am curious about the typical ENTP and INFJ interaction and if most people are pleased with it.
for the honey moon period? awesome...

deeper in, there's a lot of work, a lot of growth for both sides, demands a lot of patience when problems arive... and also the most rewarding when you overcome those. some do, some don't.

And where do you ENTPs hang out? I want to meet one.
anywhere.

i met my exwife INFJ online. it was instant chemistry, a lot of deep conversations about everything..., a lot of flirting... then - in a game - she tried killing me a lot. i asked her why, she admited how she had to kill me mentally because she liked me...

what more can an ENTP ask for? when an INFJ tries to burn your toes... you can't say no to that.

S

Society

aren't we forgetting the greatest INFJ-ENTP story of all times?
if i remember right it goes something like this...

there was once a young INFJ
he was lonely and felt out of place
wondering what was out there
he thought the world was loosing it's grace
JesusMountCarmel.gif

so he wondered the streets
until he saw something neat
the_tardis_whoohoo.jpg

and found an ENTP with a treat
tumblr_lprw3wxt471qb8lh3o1_500.jpg

together they shared a good laugh
laughing_jesus.jpg

and made a few friends and foes
Silurians_Doctor_Who.jpg

so he said goodbye to his friends
350px-Leonardo_da_Vinci_-_Ultima_cena_-_ca_1975.jpg

and they staged his own death:
42777801_hyderabad416afp.jpg

and since then they've being having adventures
fighting crimes wherever they go:
santa-vs-jesus-detail1.png

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So I don't know if I have met any ENTPs. I am usually pretty good at guessing what personality type someone is but have yet to come across any ENTPs. I am curious about the typical ENTP and INFJ interaction and if most people are pleased with it. What have your experiences been? And where do you ENTPs hang out? I want to meet one.

Stick with [MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] and avoid [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] (at least for the moment).

Heh.

Unperson

MBTI Type
ENTP
Usually INFJs tend to fall madly for me and then move on really quickly.

I guess you'll know an ENTP when you fall for one and then quickly fall in the opposite direction. :D

(Is that too egotistical?)

Ness

MBTI Type
INFJ
My first ENTP experience is very good indeed.

Expect to be mentally challenged, surprised and teased alot.The ENTP male that I know is the first person to notice I'm complicated and bring it up for discussion, he can read my moods well and enjoys pleasing me and others. he seems to like complicated things, so if all ENTP's are like that INFJ's are naturally onto a winner. They are the type in my OP most capable of actually understanding the INFJ riddle.

Sorry ENFP's but the NeTi combo appears to be very sturdy and more focused this is almost frightening when pitched against well developed Ni and older INFJ and ENTP will defiantly the feel the fire with well developed Ti going in all guns blazing.

My only quibble is perhaps they are a little to good. cheesy as it sounds but i swiftly got my INFJ wall spotted and then be for I knew it INFJ central had a ENTP having a good old rummage around it, shaking things up getting all excited, wanting to know everything . Doesn't matter how big or secure the wall may be the 'invetors' find away in.

This has left me somewhat perturbed and I'm nearly 30, it may freak a younger INFJ out and a younger ENTP may not know how to be careful. secondly it can be intense and so it's natural not be to sure if that feel is romantic or not, from the ENTP side they can be very flirtatious this leads to a world of confusion.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am really glad I found this thread. Right now, I am majorly channeling entp so I feel as though my comments are appropriate (though as we all know no entp comment can truly be appropriate). My fave gf was infj, but in my experience entp-infj relationships usually do not go well long term. The reason being is entp is often on their soul a playboy and if not in actuality then wracked with guilt over this desire + wanting to maintain their "morality." Infj is perfect in soul for entp only it cannot accept non-monogamy. Thus either infj feels "used" or entp becomes a codependent shell of themselves. I think entp admires on infj:

Love, kindness, creativity, closeness, altruism

Entps does not fit well with infj naïvete, depression, etc.

Also, I think entp generally is more focused on pursuit of success than infj. Entp-infj where I have seen it work! Asian professional couples (usually japanese) though I think it is cultural because entp will NOT violate societal morality and throw it in the infj's face. Infj will not inquire nor state own needs. Sometimes.. it's the most beautiful genuine love not a pretense for the eyes of others

S

Society

The reason being is entp is often on their soul a playboy and if not in actuality then wracked with guilt over this desire + wanting to maintain their "morality." Infj is perfect in soul for entp only it cannot accept non-monogamy. Thus either infj feels "used" or entp becomes a codependent shell of themselves. I think entp admires on infj:

...no.

and i'm not just talking for myself - loyalty to extreme levels among ENTPs i talked too seems to be so common that it might as well be a trait, and at least some INFJs are quite capable of having a battle of desire vs. morality (although oddly the guilt can then become the SOs fault). regarding perusit of sucess, not all ENTPs are enneagram type 3...

sorry, but whatever your channeling doesn't sound like any ENTP i've known.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...no.

and i'm not just talking for myself - loyalty to extreme levels among ENTPs i talked too seems to be so common that it might as well be a trait, and at least some INFJs are quite capable of having a battle of desire vs. morality (although oddly the guilt can then become the SOs fault).

sorry, but whatever your channeling doesn't sound like any ENTP i've known.

What aspect do you object to, the playboy comment, the non-monogamy, the guilt, something else?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry I wrote that when I was really sleepy so take it with a grain of salt. I've noticed that as the "worst case scenario" shall we say.