User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default What is your calling?

Do you know what your meant to do with your life?

If so how did you figure it out?

Career wise or whatever you think your calling is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

No clue.

I'm just wandering through life at the moment.

It would be interesting to see how others discovered their "calling" if they have done so.

To serve my fellow man. Through writing or public service... undecided on this point. I'll always do both in some capacity or another.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

violaine

I don't know if it's a calling. My strongest desires are to explore, to create and to nurture. I like to try different ways of living to broaden my bank of experiences. I don't want that just sitting there unused though, I need to create something out of it. Though there can be a long lag between having a realization and making something out of it. And mundane details of life often get in the way. But I try to keep my life as streamlined as possible so that I can absorb and then create. I am also very drawn to nurturing the people I care deeply for. I shift into another gear when it comes to protecting and being there for the people I love. I have sometimes wondered if I'm fully alive at other times because the surge of energy is so great when I'm engaged in nurturing someone I love. I'd like to express that more widely and have long thought I'd end up taking care of children on a larger scale when I'm older. I would like to be a foster parent and to work in an orphanage. I just feel like I have a lot to give in that respect.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
    Do you know what your meant to do with your life?

If so how did you figure it out?

Career wise or whatever you think your calling is.
    Life is meaningless, we give ourselves a purpose. I think I was meant to be a lover but I can't even get that so what's the point of living. I don't think anyone really figure it out. There are guys in 50s who still don't even know what to do with their lives.

MBTI
    INFJ

Lots and lots of exploring options. There were times when I thought when I did something and believed it to be a calling but it wasn't - because after some time I felt empty and out of sorts.

I am an entrepreneur, life coach, wellness coach, personal trainer and athlete, writer, speaker and some others - at the side I DJ when I can.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I think I'm meant to teach. Whenever I teach a concept to people, I switch into a different mode and am more fulfilled and just kind of lost in the process.

I actually double majored in college for high school teaching and also for computer science. I left with 1 degree (comp sci) and about 150 hours of coursework, 1 year short of the teaching degree. It turns out to have been a pretty good decision though. I've been working full time for 12 years now and the high school teaching isn't exactly what I want. I want to be more of a college professor type or possibly run my own tutoring/teach program on some level. I was even thinking of setting up some Saturday classes to teach kids (not sure what age) about programming.

I also want to start going back to school at night here and there because if I even want to teach at a university, I feel like I need more than my BS, I need at least a masters and maybe phd I think. If I start working on it one or 2 classes at a time within the next year or so I'll be ready one of these days.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I feel a calling to "light a fire" in people - it's what I'm skilled at and what fulfills me. I am good at aiding people in finding their internal motivation and helping them develop plans to act on that. I have not yet figured out how to transfer that into a career, however.

I discovered this during my job as a tutor. I enjoyed the subjects in and of themselves but what I was better at (and what I found more important) was helping people unearth personal motivation to connect with and accomplish their work.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My calling is to teach the world about love.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My calling is to Qlip; it's a verb and a proper noun. Well, yeah, technically it's neither : D