User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    My calling is to Qlip; it's a verb and a proper noun. Well, yeah, technically it's neither : D
    I always had you figured for more of a pedometer.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I always had you figured for more of a pedometer.
    *lol* I was thinking of that.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

To increase a sense of empathy in the world through two approaches in particular. The first approach is in teaching students that have a combination of special needs and gifts. It requires paying a lot of attention on an individual level to understand how to unlock the potential of people who have the inner stress of having inner barriers and abilities. Their communication is more individualized than the norm and so it requires attention and empathy to help them progress. The second way I try to increase empathy is through creating works of arts through which people can glimpse a portion of what I understand to be part of the human experience on an individual level that also has universal implications.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thank you everyone for your responses.

My issue is that either I want a certain life for myself or I don't want to do anything. I don't feel like I have a calling, but I want to do many things, but at the same time I just want to be and not do anything really. It's rather hard to explain, but I just keep waiting to have a moment where everything clicks and I say "woah this is my calling" I'm a junior in college and I just taking random classes because I'm so lost. :/

Nope. That time will come when it comes.

The calling can be anything.

MBTI
    INFJ

Keep exploring the things you feel like doing. Maybe start with hobbies? That's what I do.

I don't know anything else I can do besides the ones I have mentioned. If I do otherwise I'd just die inside.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think my calling is to be a curmudgeon. I'm exceedingly good at it. Other than that, I'm still waiting for mine. It's about right time and right place. I've felt that enough times, that I know I'm not off track. I treasure those moments where everything just fits.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would say that it wasn't one single moment where I was in the shower and it suddenly struck me what I was meant to do in life. It was more of a gradual process with little clues popping up along the way.

When I was a little kid and started learning about science at school, the thing that most interest me wasn't the experiments and theories, but the stories about how Edward Jenner looked at why milkmaids didn't get smallpox and discovered vaccination, or how Marie Curie discovered radioactivity. My childhood heroes were people like Edison, Da Vinci and Graham-Bell. The invention part of my career was clear, but which science?

That answer came when my brother bought an IBM PC with a super fast 8 MHz turbo processor in the 80s. Once I started playing around with Basic and writing programs, it was clear that I had a talent there. At around the same time, I saw the movie "WarGames" on video and the part where the computer Joshua asks "Shall we play a game?" stood out that Artificial Intelligence was the field where I eventually ended up.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When I find my calling, I'll let you know.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I don't have a calling and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with my life.