First 12

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    @AntiheroComplex

You're 4w5 and I think the OP may be 4w3. The desire to fit in often comes in a very simple emotional form. It's a feeling of wanting to be loved when you're in public, even when ideologically you want to be yourself first and foremost. The former is just more simple and biological almost. It's just a feeling you get.
    That's interesting. I didn't take into consideration a 3-wing versus a 5-wing. It makes sense that a 4w3 might be more dependent upon social acceptance or approval to feel good, even if only a little bit. You're probably onto something there.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    That's interesting. I didn't take into consideration a 3-wing versus a 5-wing. It makes sense that a 4w3 might be more dependent upon social acceptance or approval to feel good, even if only a little bit. You're probably onto something there.
    Thanks. I think @Southern Kross may have an even better point with the variants. Being So should also help.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Im an INFJ with 4W3, and it has sort of manifested as a desire for my unique characteristics to be "seen" through my creative work and succeed by it, if that makes sense.

Here's something I found helpful:

Fours rightly perceive that there is something inadequate or incomplete about the ego self, but they incorrectly assume that they alone suffer from this problem. Fours then get in the habit of comparing themselves to others, concluding that they have somehow gotten "the short end of the stick." Fours feel that they have been singled out by fate for bad treatment, bad luck, unsatisfying relationships, bad parenting, and broken dreams. It comes as something of a shock to many Fours to discover that other people have suffered as much or even more than they have. This doesn't mean that Fours haven't suffered or that their painful pasts are inconsequential. But Fours need to see how they perpetuate their own suffering by continually focusing on old wounds rather than truly processing those hurts and letting go of them in a way that would allow them to heal.

At Their Best
    Healthy Fours strive to be true to themselves. They are emotionally honest and aren't afraid to reveal themselves to others, "warts and all." They combine self-awareness and introspection with great emotional strength and endurance. They bring a heightened sensitivity to their experiences and are able to share with others the subtleties of their inner world. This invites others to do the same. They are highly intuitive and creative and add a personal, human touch to whatever they are involved with. They treat others with gentleness, tact, and discretion. They can be wonderfully expressive with an ironic, witty view of life and themselves, often finding humor in their own foibles and contradictions. They bring a sense of beauty, refinement, and emotional richness into other people's lives.
    http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype4