• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Let me count the ways...(Explaining your love to an ENFP)

G

garbage

It's a matter of letting the person know that you 'get' them and love them for who they really are. If you can't articulate particular reasons, perhaps the 'getting' is at a more fundamental level that can't readily be described (but is still important and relevant!)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do i love thee....

For me it's not about the ways, it's about the being and the potential ...and the growth.
My ex (ISTJ) was always stuck on this point...always asking for me to explain and validate my love. The problem was that he really did never "get" me so it was a moot point.

There needs to be a common playground and a serious meeting room for it to develop...plus a journey between the two, and a secret passageway and a time machine, just incase anything goes wrong.
IMO the crux of any potential love exchange has got to be communication, much rests on this.
And also the ability to compromise, not too much, just a little.

Me finks i have strayed off the point.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
afterthought: somehow it seems like love doesn't need a reason, it just happens. and that's part of the magic. somehow pinpointing anything seems to make it seem less extraordinary.

agreed...i very seldom articulate my feelings at all. it seems as tho words lessen it...and i can't handle too much going on about why i'm special or why someone loves me...too much...seems inauthentic or something...like they're amusing them self or just...trying too hard....which sounds odd i'm sure because my love language is actually words of affirmation...but..i just little sweet random things...not some long declaration. it's important...above everything else...that i'm truly seen. that they don't love me for all these things that they think i am but am not....nothing feels less like love then not knowing me.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my case, when I ask that question, it is more of a trick question. It is a trap...;)