User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let me count the ways...(Explaining your love to an ENFP)

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Inferior Si FTW
    haha, yup, sounds correct. I guess this would be an over valuation of my baby Si? But it is so emo-tangled!

It's a matter of letting the person know that you 'get' them and love them for who they really are. If you can't articulate particular reasons, perhaps the 'getting' is at a more fundamental level that can't readily be described (but is still important and relevant!)

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    7W6 sp/sx

How do i love thee....

For me it's not about the ways, it's about the being and the potential ...and the growth.
    My ex (ISTJ) was always stuck on this point...always asking for me to explain and validate my love. The problem was that he really did never "get" me so it was a moot point.

There needs to be a common playground and a serious meeting room for it to a journey between the two, and a secret passageway and a time machine, just incase anything goes wrong.
    IMO the crux of any potential love exchange has got to be communication, much rests on this.
    And also the ability to compromise, not too much, just a little.

Me finks i have strayed off the point.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    afterthought: somehow it seems like love doesn't need a reason, it just happens. and that's part of the magic. somehow pinpointing anything seems to make it seem less extraordinary.

agreed...i very seldom articulate my feelings at all. it seems as tho words lessen it...and i can't handle too much going on about why i'm special or why someone loves me...too much...seems inauthentic or they're amusing them self or just...trying too hard....which sounds odd i'm sure because my love language is actually words of affirmation...but..i just little sweet random things...not some long declaration. it's important...above everything else...that i'm truly seen. that they don't love me for all these things that they think i am but am not....nothing feels less like love then not knowing me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison
    Likes Mvika liked this post

4w3 sx/sp
    IEE Ne

In my case, when I ask that question, it is more of a trick question. It is a trap...
    When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
    When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

-Kahlil Gibran in The Prophet