User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Epiphany

He would probably adopt a stage persona after realizing that his artistic pursuits wouldn't live up to his dreams, become bitter and impassioned with another ideal, seduce a nation into believing that he's a messiah and try to take over the world with an indoctrinated army under his command.

Should've stuck with painting.

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I have only known one 'confirmed' INFJ male in my lifetime... and he was not what I believe most people would consider an Alpha male. He did possess some of the characteristics described above though. Like he could kinda *switch/snap* and become very critical, judgmental of others, arrogant <--- but those aren't Alpha characteristics. They are more like 'I'm suddenly pissed that I'm NOT an Alpha' characteristics.
    These characteristics can be "alpha" traits, particularly the arrogance. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    He would probably adopt a stage persona after realizing that his artistic pursuits wouldn't live up to his dreams, become bitter and impassioned with another ideal, seduce a nation into believing that he's a messiah and try to take over the world with an indoctrinated army under his command.

Should've stuck with painting.
    True story.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    These characteristics can be "alpha" traits, particularly the arrogance. Absolutely.
    I see what you’re saying.

@Evan was on the right track – asking for a definition of ‘Alpha’ as our individual understandings of ‘what this is/means’ will differ. I guess when I think of an ‘Alpha male’ I imagine a gentleman that is extraordinarily confident…but not arrogant. Kinda like a big ball of sunshine. Maybe like Halla on the site if you are familiar with him? (the INFJ I mentioned above is nothing like Halla haha!) But again…I fully recognize that everyone’s definition will be different and now I am feeling I spoke to soon. I did give the INFJ I mentioned the ‘occasional badass’ label in a different thread…and so maybe he is an Alpha? (wow…that is a stretch in my mind haha!).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I just see INFJs having a tentativeness that's pretty contradictory to the general use of the term "alpha male". Even confident INFJs seem to be comfortable being in the background a bit.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Cmon, how could I not mention that
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I see what you’re saying.

@Evan was on the right track – asking for a definition of ‘Alpha’ as our individual understandings of ‘what this is/means’ will differ. I guess when I think of an ‘Alpha male’ I imagine a gentleman that is extraordinarily confident…but not arrogant. Kinda like a big ball of sunshine. Maybe like Halla on the site if you are familiar with him? (the INFJ I mentioned above is nothing like Halla haha!) But again…I fully recognize that everyone’s definition will be different and now I am feeling I spoke to soon. I did give the INFJ I mentioned the ‘occasional badass’ label in a different thread…and so maybe he is an Alpha? (wow…that is a stretch in my mind haha!).
    No worries. In my definition, a calm, polite, appropriately assertive but genuinely respectful male is a "nice guy." However, others seem to feel that "nice guy" automatically denotes a certain weakness or lack of confidence, and therefore they seem to prefer the alpha stereotype...which so often involves aggression, rudeness, arrogance, and all manner of negativity that really doesn't appeal to me, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post

Cmon, how could I not mention that
    Moniker beat you to it.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    No worries. In my definition, a calm, polite, appropriately assertive but genuinely respectful male is a "nice guy." However, others seem to feel that "nice guy" automatically denotes a certain weakness or lack of confidence, and therefore they seem to prefer the alpha stereotype...which so often involves aggression, rudeness, arrogance, and all manner of negativity that really doesn't appeal to me, personally.
    I think the bolded is an Alpha male. I say this because my father is an ENTJ Alpha, and he is one of the nicest, genuine people ever, but will get in someone's ass if they violate him.

Rude, critical and judgmental people I tend to see as weak and I always get the feeling that there is some huge pile of insecurity in them somewhere. That's how I view Hitler too. I'm really weirded out by him being classified as an Alpha male, as I really think he was just the perfect manipulator, Alpha not having much to do with it... *shrug* what do i know, and I don't have the credentials to be psycho-analyzing dead dudes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

So tired of this alpha garbage.. what would a 107 person be!!?! (keep in mind the average person is only 34 or 39, sometimes 51)
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quiet influence and leadership. Snobbishness doesn't work as Alpha at all. A quite leader can still have a lot fo influence.

Maybe like this? What do you guys think?

[YOUTUBE="VZPtLNkCCxI"]INFJ male[/YOUTUBE]
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari