User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I first took some free online MBTI test years ago because I was into personality tests at the time, although only for fun. It said I was 50% INTJ and 50% INTP. I paid as much attention to it as I did the other personality tests (like the ones of what Disney character are you).

Then about two years ago, I randomly found another MBTI online test and took it again. I came up as INTJ. This time, I looked into it more. Since it was based off of Carl Jung, and I knew from psychology class in college that he was a well-respected psychologist, I took it more seriously, and the rest is history as far as my interest in MBTI goes.

I didn't question INTJ much for about a year since the descriptions seemed to fit me a lot (although I occasionally wondered if I was INTP). Finally, though, I started seriously wondering if I was actually an INFJ since I felt like no INTJ would be so interested in relationships and people as I am. At first, it was hard to reconcile the descriptions of INFJs with me (a lot of them are really one-sided). And also the fact that MBTI tests ask questions like "Do you value logic or emotion more?" as a determiner between F and T really threw me for a loop since I highly value logic. The clincher was when I studied the cognitive functions and realized without a doubt that Ni-Fe-Ti-Se was me. And when I realized that it wasn't unusual for INFJs to have well-developed Ti.

It's crossed my mind to test out other options, but I keep coming back to the same thing.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Age 16 short MBTI test = INFX
    College tested = INFJ
    Online tests in my 30's = all manner of IN?? with some predominance of INFJ.

I'm definitely an introvert and pretty abstract and intuitive. The rest is not so clear. I'm rather organized, but quite laid back which obscures the P/J bit, and I'm pretty hardcore in terms of empathy and rationality. I take in more subjective data, but tend to process it rationally. My brain has a foundation of fuzzy logic.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Anew Leaf

First time: age 18 in college. Took the official test. Got I (strong), N (very strong), F (moderate), and P (weak).

I considered myself INFX because of the weak p/j scale until I discovered the cognitive functions. Now I do not doubt that I am an INFP. No one on here believes me but I know myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

When I first did the test, I was 16, in high school, and I got INTP. I thought I was cold and aloof, but I just actually had an incredible low self steem (so I kept myself away from people and seemed aloof to them). I read the INTP description and thought: "yeah, that's ok. It's not reaaaally me, but it's just another silly internet test. At least it says I'm not much into spending time with people."
    When I was 18 years old, in engineering college, thinking about how much I disliked my classes, and thinking about other things I would like to study, I went to internet to look for answers. Then I made the MBTI test again and got INFP. When I read the description I was: "omg, this text is talking about MY SOUL." Then I read a loooot about MBTI and I discovered I can be classified as INFP.
    Since then, I spent a lot of time doubting my result and I kept asking myself if I was really INFP, or ISFP, or INTP, or ENFP, or INFJ (all INFP, but changing one letter), but I always end up concluding I'm really INFP. Now I'm studying Psychology and I've never been happier.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Did the Keirsey sorter in college - got INTJ. Did the official MBTI at work ~ 10 years ago and 3 years ago - INTJ both times. I've never scored close to other types, and INTJ has always been the best fit.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    @Crescent Fresh - I could see you as an eNFJ.
    I've been thinking about this too. I did get other types when I first discovered MBTI less than a year ago. Even though I did get different types in the beginning, I did get tested repeatedly as INFJ eventually.

When I read both descriptions of E/INFJ, I do see parallel traits from both types. I need to reflect a little more as I'm having inconsistent results with Eneg type as well (ranging from type 1w9, 4w3 and most recently 4w5).

And also compared to most of you here, I realized I'm such a late boomer (for less than a year). I wonder if there are any newbies like me among NFs in TypeC?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

ISFJ, then INFJ, INFP...sometimes ENFJ. I've always been pretty much a feeler (lately a gigantic crybaby but so what lol), and I do have a set of values I maintain for myself which is probably where the J comes in. I don't force them on anyone else, and I certainly don't expect anyone to try to change my mind about them either.

garbage

ENTJ in college, because everyone loves a task-oriented engineer.
    ESFJ when I joined the forums because I didn't know crap.
    Then ENTJ again.
    Then ENTP.
    Then ENFP.
    Then INFJ during a melancholy/reflective/Ni-fueled lull.
    Then ENFP again. Maybe I'll stay here.

No real rhyme or reason, other than intuition-dominant became obvious once I looked into it. Fi is a hard description to actually truly identify with; what tipped me off, among many other things, was that I cared about identifying with descriptions. Once it's 'clicked' for me, however, I see that the Ne mindset rings so, so true for me--I cannot help but bring in random contexts as I think about any given thing. Once I have lived the description, everything just 'clicked.'

I wonder how much variance there is in how NFs test/identify versus Ts--I've heard that Ts more generally wind up knowing right off the bat.
    Last edited by garbage; 01-26-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Here comes the next question. Do you think you guys have been mistyped from the beginning or you did evolve to a different type over time?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    Here comes the next question. Do you think you guys have been mistyped from the beginning or you did evolve to a different type over time?
    I'm inclined to think that everyone has an innate true type, but that you can look like other types due to circumstance, upbringing, being young and character still developing, etc.

Although character does change and develop of course as people grow up, I still think that your fundamental type doesn't change.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING