User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default I felt butterflies last week...for an INFP boy.

HELP!

We have been friends for some time, but I was in the midst of dating an ENFP when our friendship was blossoming. That relationship didnt work out so I continued my friendship with the INFP. We hung out in a small group last week. Everyone left. He lingered. We talked for hours. I felt the stinking butterflies all weekend.

UGH. Things have been a little different since that night. He initiated contact all week after that. We both recognize and are aware we're attracted to each other physically and our friendship consists of a lot of blatant flirtation on both ends. We're also kind of each other's confidantes.

He's not very forward at all. I've been as obvious as an INTJ can be. I think he picks up on the hints, but seems hesitant to pursue. I don't want to screw this one up! Not sure how to go about this. Never met an INFP boy like him. So smart and sophisticated. So much in common. The introversion...not so sure about. I usually go weak at the knees for ENFPs. But this INFP intrigues me...in a different way. How can I tell if he's interested in me beyond friendship?
    Last edited by thescientist; 01-28-2012 at 12:33 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I need to start keeping a tally of INTJ women who post online for advice on an INFP man they're smitten with.... It's like I know what type the OP of these threads will be before I even open them now.

I'm not an INFP male, so I can't offer too much insight, except I do have some general INFP tips in my blog here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=30112
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

That is a really good summary of the INFP. You INFPs are so self-aware and self-knowledgeable. I think he likes me, he's just being careful and not rushing. He's also not very forward when it comes to asking girls out. He has told me this in the past. I lay the flirting on pretty thick just so he's aware. Hopefully nature will take its course from here.

There's a party tomorrow that we've both been invited to so I'll get to see him then! I'm excited. Hopefully I dont behave too awkwardly around him since this whole "butterflies" thing is pretty new.
    Last edited by thescientist; 01-28-2012 at 12:44 PM.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

infps report intj crushings-on online way more often. Why i dis you asz.

What do you know about men?

thinking of you

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

This is so cute! I agree with INTP, you've got nothing to lose, just do it!
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFP

From that, if you ask him he'll say yes. Maybe if you're worried about rushing him you can just leave it at telling him that you really really like him, in fact you totes have a crush on him. Then keep a close eye out for make-out opportunities. That's still ball in his court. INFPs are very open to spontaneity, but less so in matters of the heart I think. Decisions like this can be over-analysed and second-guessed because the consequences could be so OMFG IMMENSE if we get it wrong. Plus, why would she like me? I'm not purely awesome -- I can't even ollie. A push can help with that.

Just don't try the "make him a bit jealous" gambit to hasten his dragging feet, because I guarantee he'd walk away. Zero in on him in the party.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Last edited by thescientist; 01-24-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    HELP!

We have been friends for some time, but I was in the midst of dating an ENFP when our friendship was blossoming. That relationship didnt work out so I continued my friendship with the INFP. We hung out in a small group last week. Everyone left. He lingered. We talked for hours. I felt the stinking butterflies all weekend.
    UGH. Things have been a little different since that night. He initiated contact all week after that. We both recognize and are aware we're attracted to each other physically and our friendship consists of a lot of blatant flirtation on both ends. We're also kind of each other's confidantes.
    He's not very forward at all. I've been as obvious as an INTJ can be. I think he picks up on the hints, but seems hesitant to pursue. I don't want to screw this one up! Not sure how to go about this. Never met an INFP boy like him. So smart and sophisticated. So much in common. The introversion...not so sure about. I usually go weak at the knees for ENFPs. But this INFP intrigues me...in a different way. How can I tell if he's interested in me beyond friendship?
    - you like him
    - he likes you
    - both of you know you have chemistry
    - you're both single

I don't see what the question is. just ask him out on a date and get things going.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Find a club (not a golf one), hit him on the head and drag him to the nearest cave

On a more serious note, don't assume that the INFP understands all the signals you are sending to him. They can be so inwardly-looking and self-doubting that they would more likely shrug it off as a case of mistaken identity. As JivinJeffJones says, the question "Why would she like/choose/be attracted me?" will probably be rattling inside his head and he would hesitate to go ahead and ask you to confirm it for the fear of being mistaken.

Just go ahead and tell him. Even if it doesn't work out romantically, you will still be the best of friends.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell