User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some kind of dissociation while thinking?

4w5 sp/sx

Yep, this happens to me. It's nice to get away from yourself for a while. It's also a good indicator that you're putting your whole self into something. This tends to happen to me when I'm doing something physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Well, it is difficult for me to describe. I get aware about about my consciousness and the world around me suddenly when I snap out of my thoughts. Before that I just think, and during that thinking I somehow forget a conscious sense of myself. Basically I lose the constant awareness that my thoughts are coming from myself and that I think them as a living being in a living world. Maybe nebbykoo explained it in a more easy to understand way

Those moments don't last too long actually. It is not like I sit there for hours meditating about something. It just happens in some minutes maybe, and I cannot yet say that it would have to do with specific topics I am thinking about. I am also not sure how regularly I experience this, but it happened several times. I was just curious to find out if other people here experience the same, because I never heard people talk about such things
    Oh thanks for the explanation! It makes a lot of sense. I'm starting to believe (more and more) that I have had such experiences (and not only after dozing off :P).

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx

Not only does this happen to me while thinking/daydreaming, but while making music and mucking about with the synths, I totally get zoned into that thing... lose track of how I'm feeling... kind of like entering a state of zen or something.

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

morose bourgeoisie Array

Frankly, that's the only state in my life I really enjoy.

6w7 sp/sx

I (think) I do this frequently if I know what you're talking about, mostly in the middle of the night. For me, sometimes I don't even feel like I'm coming up with my own thoughts, it's like I'm watching this movie in fast forward, it's like this big long strew of ideas and images, sometimes relating to one another, it's another world completely. When I come back, it's really strange because it was like I was in a whole new mindset, like.... the rest of the world didn't even exist for a while.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.