User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Are you competitive?

I'm not competitive, yet I get mad at myself when I can't do things as well as other people.

So maybe I'm competitive?

I'm competitive, & maybe I'm so repetitive.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Things I'm not competitive about: cooking, cleaning, doing work, having money, social status... being knowledgeable, well-read, being good at arguing, playing sports, knowing about sports.

Things I'm competitive about: things I care about. Things I myself do... creations, actions. Things I'm secretive about.

Favorite competition: against imposing historical figures (Napoleon, Aleander the Great, etc)-- throwing a loop into their ideology while also outdoing them in their own battles (metaphor)

Worst competition: battles against guidos, "hipsters", bros, dubstep & all stylish modernistic flavors of Philistines. The worst part of all is lowering yourself to their level, which is hard enough.

- Arrogant Digestion
    RCUAI
    ---------

violaine

My tendency is to be competitive with myself. I've always wanted to be the best person I can be. To do everything better than I did it the last time around. I have since identified that kind of thinking as potentially life-denying and unhealthy. I'm not hard on myself the way I used to be anymore. I kinda like making mistakes and being non-optimized.

I used to think I was exempt from stereotypically competitive impulses against others. Consciously, I would rather a cooperative approach to almost any activity. I've since realized that I might just make the most competitive move of all by not even engaging with other people on that level. You can't beat me if I'm not playing the game!

I have never competed for a guy but I suspect any chica trying to get with my man would need a good deal of luck. I don't put up with any kind of line crossing from other women when it comes to my relationships. Though, I don't regard that as competition. (It's not a competition if someone is interested in my BF and he's not interested and choosing to be with me, is it). Wouldn't be in a relationship with anyone who tried to play me off against other women.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

In general I'm not very competitive, but there are some things that I can be ridiculously competitive about.

It seems to me like I'm really competing with myself through standards which are set based on other people, rather than actually competing with other people themselves.

(In other words it's like I feel like I needed to do at least as well at something as someone else for like, self-gratification, rather than directly competing with them, if that makes sense...)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Few more things to say.

Some political philosophers say competitiveness is the key to industriousness.

But at some point it gets to the point of being a hamster on a running wheel, running faster & faster for that invisible morsel of cheese perched ever before you. The cheese of happiness, cheese of sublimity: not gonna happen.

Think of all the crazed workaholics around today, filtering thru the cities, rummaging the subways & hiding electric gold under the Federal Reserve, bragging about how much they can work. Then realize they probably work 20-40% less than the average 10 year old English street-kid in the 19th century.

It's literally impossible for me to imagine being competitive about any sort of job I could ever have.

But when it comes to something I care about, I often love competing. Nothing feels better than doing something nobody's ever done before. & doing it better than anyone else could.

But even that can lead to a dead end.

Competition is a spice. Competition is one of the 96 colors in the Crayola crayons crayon box, fuschia.

Competition is fuschia, magenta, & cinnamon.
    RCUAI
    ---------

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I play a lot of competitive games and I get really pissed when I lose. I think a lot of people would call me competitive, but that would only be sort of true. I'm competitive in the sense that I HATE feeling incompetent. That bitterness that comes with losing is actually a just me thinking that I'm not good enough, that I'm not special, that I will never be that guy. You know, type 4 stuff. I don't usually feel compelled to smash someone else to the ground just to feel superior.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I really enjoy competition. Always have. It's invigorating. I'm not a bad loser but very much do like to win. If I lose, I generally want to try again so I can win the next time.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I like competing in sports. I give my best but I don't mind losing. Not so competitive on the job, because it can quickly turn nasty.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No, I'm not competitive at all. My drive comes from attempting to prove something to myself, and also trying to shake up whatever assumptions others put on me. I have asserted wins in certain small competitions in life, not because I'm competitive, but because people mistake my uncompetitiveness for being incapable, and I resent it.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm not really all that competitive, I suppose I embrace a friendly level of competition, but no where near cut-throut.

I find myself being most competitive in individual sports like tennis, billiards, or even ping pong.
    INFJ; 9w1 so/sp/sx; EII; RCOAI; Neutral Good