User Tag List

First 1234 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I have an excellent sense of direction I'm usually chosen to be the navigator. I also did well in geography, though I've forgotten most of it since I hadn't had that class since I was 12. I think I have internal GPS because even if I've only been someplace once I can find it again or just know where I am in relation to some landmark even if I'm not looking at it.
    I'm usually chosen to be the navigator too, but it's not because of my great sense of direction. I'm usually the only one that knows how to read a map. My Dad knew I could'nt find my way out of a paper sack so he armed me by teaching me how to read maps!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    Do any other NFs out there find themselves constantly mixing up where places are and getting lost?
    OMG, I had no idea this could be type-related. I am so notoriously bad
    at finding places. All of my friends and family know this about me.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by batumi View Post
    OMG, I had no idea this could be type-related. I am so notoriously bad
    at finding places. All of my friends and family know this about me.
    it can be an emotionally devasting issue (well... maybe not xD) we should start a charity to provide directionally-challenged people like us with hand held sat-navs xD
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    Do any other NFs out there find themselves constantly mixing up where places are and getting lost?
    I mix up dates and names (of places, people, things, what-have-you) more often than I mix up where I am or where something is (though god help me if you ask me to explain it to you...the best you can get is something only vaguely coherent). But, since I know I don't always pay attention to things...I always carry a map with me of the place I'm visiting until I've built a mental, visual map of the area.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't remember specifics (street name, etc.) but I can get around without getting lost. I absolutely hate getting lost so I make sure I never put myself in that situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I rarely get lost, this is all due to the fact that i wont drive to a new places or in places im not familiar with. Why? Because when I get lost driveing I tend to go insane, I get very very agitated and paranoid. I stop makeing any sense at all, refuse to pull over for directions and bite anyones head off if they ask me a single question or even just speak for that matter. Needless to say, I dont like getting lost.
    SDMF

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm INTP, and I don't have a bad sense of direction. I'd settle for one, though.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm great with direction once I've been to a place and established visual landmarks, and I can follow a map well. But I'm horrible if I go to a new place and try to wing it. And the odd thing is I refuse to ask for direction when I'm lost...I've spent hours aimlessly walking/driving when visiting a new place.

Actually, I kind of enjoy getting lost. My external movement might as well reflect my internal state of being, I suppose.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Am I the only NF with an actual sense of direction?

I may not know the names of places or streets, but I never really get lost. At times I'll just drive aimlessly turning at whim when I reach an intersection and always know roughly where I am and how to get back.
    Of course you're not. As always (except the "which website are you?" test) I could have written the exact same post. Thanks to you, Ender, I've been able to cut down drastically on my foruming, instead concentrating on writing my master thesis, knowing that someone will still write my thoughts. Thanks!
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I'm an INTP who can't find their way out of a paper bag. I get lost with a GPS! (you know... does it mean this one or that, they're awfully close together... what did the manual say about feet? grrrr)