User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Once I drove about, a rough guess, twenty miles in the opposite direction of where I was supposed to go.
    My mum can beat that. A couple of years ago we were travelling around the US in a camper van and she was navigating... to be fair, she did get us on the right road, it's just a shame we were driving down it in the wrong direction for over 3 hours. xD
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I love maps and and better at following them than verbal or written directions, but I have trouble with left and right (Don tells me "Your other left" and calls me his little Ninevite) and I often miss turns.

When other people's children are with us, they will sometimes wonder where we are and my kids will say with complete calmness "Oh, Mom's just lost again." They know I will get us there eventually.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Am I the only NF with an actual sense of direction?

I may not know the names of places or streets, but I never really get lost. At times I'll just drive aimlessly turning at whim when I reach an intersection and always know roughly where I am and how to get back.
    No you're not the only one. I've got a great sense of direction, but I don't do maps very well. I can find my way anywhere as long as I'm not lost in a forest full of identical pine trees and weeping willows. I look for landmarks, which is what women are more likely to do anyways.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I love maps and and better at following them than verbal or written directions, but I have trouble with left and right (Don tells me "Your other left" and calls me his little Ninevite) and I often miss turns.

I don't get this reference (and even looked it up).

When other people's children are with us, they will sometimes wonder where we are and my kids will say with complete calmness "Oh, Mom's just lost again." They know I will get us there eventually.
    I used to tell my kids we were on an adventure, but eventually they figured out that meant I took a wrong turn.

My lefty INTP is much better with maps than I am. I'm better with verbal or written directions.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Am I the only NF with an actual sense of direction?

I may not know the names of places or streets, but I never really get lost. At times I'll just drive aimlessly turning at whim when I reach an intersection and always know roughly where I am and how to get back.
    Nope, I'm the same way!! I can't say I've ever gotten lost. Even if I take a wrong turn, I know roughly where I am.

[Sidenote: When I read only the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about Life Direction (ha!!)...which would have been an entirely different answer!! :-)]
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Jae Rae, it comes from the last verse in Jonah (at least in the KJV).
    Jonah 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?
    My husband's a silly guy with a degree in Biblical studies.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I navigate using landmarks... which does not work very well in a city with grid-like layout of streets nor inside buildings with hallways all looking the same.

I guess I'm too visual... that leads me to recall landmarks better than street names. And so I've never learnt to see the system of city streets as a whole.

That leads to a poor sense of direction despite my having excellent visual spatial abilities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I more or less use landmarks as well. Tho I can use names of stores etc as landmarks. Street names I'm useless with, I can't even remember my old address.. Only use maps or my GPS when I'm going somewhere I haven't been before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    ENFj

I have a full since of direction and where things are going expect for my life. *cries*
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Jae Rae, it comes from the last verse in Jonah (at least in the KJV).

My husband's a silly guy with a degree in Biblical studies.
    He sounds adorable.

I have a friend who's a Ninevite. She gives directions by pointing.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.