• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How to Attract NFs in online dating profiles.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm....I don't look for relatable in that sense. Mind you I have dated eccentric millionaires now so I believe I can have my way with anyone if desired.

Well, you're much more confident than I am then :D

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Okay. I get it. ENFJs meet people IRL.

Fine.

Assholes...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ yes... i am guessing this is true for most Es actually...

But the important thing is to be yourself, because you want to attract someone who will want you.

:yes:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
MORE ENFJ RESPONSES PLEASE.

this seems like an extremely ENFJ person

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/bio/shawn/907795

At least 3 of her answers should apply to your question

If you wanted to really impress a man/woman what would you do and why?
Be very polite and respectful and choose something that showed them I was attentive to who they were and what they like

Do you consider yourself romantic and why?
I think I am romantic I love romance, passion, intimacy and creating special memories! I also love leaving I love you notes in lunch boxes or surprising the people I love with unexpected things just to say thinking of you.

What is your ideal mate's personality like?
Funny, confident, coy, driven, competitive, intelligent. I want to be with someone who I can always learn from.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
For an INFP it is strangely and shockingly hard for me to be myself. Bad things happen though when I bust out the tarot cards or break out in single person flash mobs.

Last edited:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
this seems like an extremely ENFJ person

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/bio/shawn/907795

At least 3 of her answers should apply to your question

If you wanted to really impress a man/woman what would you do and why?
Be very polite and respectful and choose something that showed them I was attentive to who they were and what they like

Do you consider yourself romantic and why?
I think I am romantic I love romance, passion, intimacy and creating special memories! I also love leaving I love you notes in lunch boxes or surprising the people I love with unexpected things just to say thinking of you.

What is your ideal mate's personality like?
Funny, confident, coy, driven, competitive, intelligent. I want to be with someone who I can always learn from.

Neat. Woman with a man's name. This covers both my previous heterosexual and new lesbian bases.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
talk about souls a lot. also, unicorns*.

*disclaimer: may or may not apply to male NFs

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I saw one profile of a woman on OKcupid. She said something like 'the most personal thing I'll admit is that I'm sensitive. Touchy feely on the inside. I cry. People are suprised by this.'
I thought that was a very good way to attract other touchy-feely types (like me). Her profile test said: ENFJ.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I saw one profile of a woman on OKcupid. She said something like 'the most personal thing I'll admit is that I'm sensitive. Touchy feely on the inside. I cry. People are suprised by this.'
I thought that was a very good way to attract other touchy-feely types (like me). Her profile test said: ENFJ.

The way she said this was good in 2 ways. First, it shows that she is sensitive. Second, the fact that it is a surprise to other people means that she has some degree of self-control and isn't insanely sensitive where she is crying out in public all the time.

*poke*

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Keywords (and actually throw these words in somewhere): passionate, intellectual, cuddling, philosophy, reading, thinking, thinking harder, socializing.

Refrain from starting with anything boring and self-deprecating like "I don't know what to write here/how to sum myself up in a box/I'm so bad with these things". Use an Ne hook immediately, preferably using various combinations of "saving the world" and "sparkly unicorn space monkeys" in the same sentence. How off the hook depends whether you're targeting xNFP or xNFJ ;).

Write exactly like you talk! ;). No, really. And mention what kind of social interactions you value and what you really care about.

At the same time, remember your own pitfalls...for me it was not being overly effusive or actually using the word "intense". I think I came off as too intellectual and serious for my first try, I overemphasized the deep connection and ignored the "game-y" things (at least ENFJs) look for to know that you're actually fun and social, too. I had to completely overhaul my profile.

I've given this a lot of thought so I love this thread! I'm on a dating site, mostly exclusively to attract other NFs. I actually had a complex about it though, the whole "I should be easily meeting people in real life! Why am I resorting to this? It's so impersonal!" But it's just the fact that I'm used to having intimate and meaningful relationships around me, and with some current life changes I'm searching for friends in a new city and thought this would help me "beeline" to "my kind of people". I think it worked too! I found someone who's basically perfect, I couldn't believe he was on the site either, but he had a similar situation and was using it as a tool to "beeline" to people
he could have that connection with.

There's a lot of INFPs, frequent ENFPs, and I swear I've seen a couple ENFJs on okcupid.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Triceps, Biceps and Pectoral. xD

A sense of humour and wit an absoulute must!

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
as an NF, I'd be more attracted to the witty profile that seemed to take thought or originality, rather than a profile that mentioned soft and squishy things. So on the face of it, I'd be more attracted to a profile that seemed more NT. Opposites attract, right?

The soft and squishy profile would seem...er...creepy to me. But that's just me. Some NFs are drawn to other F people. Others are drawn to T people.

Anyhow, please do not use the following phrase: 'I want to explore all that the city has to offer'. Yuck! no cliches, please!!

mikamickmac

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so
My view is that it's a waste of effort telling people about yourself and what you like in a direct manner - it's better to write something that enables the reader to work it out for themself. Don't write "I'm witty", - they're just words with no evidence to back up the claim. If you are witty, be witty!

And avoid cliches! I'm sick of reading about women who love nothing more than snuggling up to the man of their dreams..... sipping a glass of nice red...while watching a dvd....while riding a harley.....along a sandy beach...with an open fire blazing in the sidecar...and the pet horse in tow!

I actually wrote that in one of my profiles and got a few hits! Not evryone likes sarcasm though

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
btw I of course, like any self-respecting INFP feel guilty about what I wrote earlier. Soft and squishy might be perfect, haha.

In general, I'd keep the ad on the shorter side because people can read all sorts of things into what you write and misinterpret it.