User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

Default Extrovert and Introvert

As you grow up, does your basic personality stay the same? i know that i used to be a lot louder, chattier, and more extroverted, like i always needed to be around people, and as i got older that seemed to stop being the case. is it a maturity thing? or is it that as i got into school, and met other kids who may not have been so nice, i sort of retreated into myself a little more? could that account for a more radical personality change or are all little kids just super talkative? lol.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I think there has to be something at the core that stays the same as long are you are still you. But of course children are pretty different from adults. They are more obviously energetic and it seems to be the case that they are generally chattier But not all kids are. I was very quiet as a kid and still pretty quiet now, but what hasn't changed is that I don't like being alone for very long. But just being a little more quiet and retreating... I think that's pretty normal as you become an adult. Or it could just be those not-so-nice other people, which hopefully you will eventually be able to get away from and find cool people to talk to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think for certain people it changes thru different phases of maturity. I barely said anything until I was 6 years old, according to my parents, but all thru childhood I remember being really energetic & talkative. Then at 14 or 15 I started to get really introverted again & stayed that way thru high school... going days without talking to people, rarely speaking even around good friends, etc.

Then at 19 or 20 I started coming out again, & now I can do either one deliberately. I can decide to be extroverted if I'm in the right mood, but then I can also go days without talking. So I guess I'm more or less how I was in childhood again.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i actually was much more socially introverted as a child and became more extraverted in late high school and then really blossomed as an extravert in college. now i think i have settled into selective extraversion. i really enjoy being around lots of people but not necessarily intensive interaction with them.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Chatty & social =/= Extrovert and vice versa with quietness =/= Introvert.

If you gain energy from external sources = Extrovert
    If you gain energy from solitude and internal sources = Introvert
    If your dom function is Xe = Extrovert
    If your dom function is Xi = Introvert.

The way we interact socially can change for many reasons, but this is not reflective of our type.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think it's the company I have. Certain people bring out the loudness and silliness and other people make me wish I didn't have a tongue.

I once read (from a fairly decent source; iirc it was a type counsellors website) that an introvert will typically see that outside world as intrusive.

That struck a chord with me... not sure if it helps anyone else

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Most people seem to get hung up on social i/e vs cognitive i/e. mb is cog. Someone else mentioned that it is the way you gather energy and i want to expand on that. How much you talk and interact does not make you e or i, its if you use the outside world to draw your ideas from, or your own inner world. Ne is a perceiving function which can result in information gathering and then deciding its value, fi. In infps fi is a judging function and first decides if its even worth consideration then analyzes. Its not uncommon to find ne and fi both very developd in the nfps, to the point that determining dom and aux is hard. At this point you need to look at si and te. Enfps have inferior si which can present itself as an inability to see past patters and learn from them. If te is your inferior you might find it very difficult to unhinge your fi judgement in the face of opposing external evidence. Sorry this is all blobbef togethet im on phone pad.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

People are right-- it's where your energy comes from.

Introverts: ghosts, phantasms, partial deities & mystical beings
    Extroverts: zombies, vampires, all forms of waking life

Well vampires are more confusing-- maybe INTJ.

when I'm hungry, that's when I'm an extrovert.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sx

I was very extroverted when I was a little child.
    Then when i was about 10 it started to wane, by 14 I was an introvert and a bit of a misanthrope.
    Then it completely reversed directions and now I'm in love with humanity and a stark extrovert.
    So, from personal experience, I say you can change.