User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I bet it's particularly different for FPs-- you tend to go thru emotional phases that impact your behavior around people.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You greatest weaknesses stay and those define you. Your strengths come and go
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

SingSmileShine

Quote Originally Posted by WhimsyGirl View Post
    As you grow up, does your basic personality stay the same? i know that i used to be a lot louder, chattier, and more extroverted, like i always needed to be around people, and as i got older that seemed to stop being the case. is it a maturity thing? or is it that as i got into school, and met other kids who may not have been so nice, i sort of retreated into myself a little more? could that account for a more radical personality change or are all little kids just super talkative? lol.
    I think your basic personality is probably similar no matter what, as @LunaLuminosity said. @FunnyDigestion seems to hit the nail on the head, too. I am similar, as well - ever since freshman year of high school, I've been a tad bit more reserved. If you still derive energy from others as opposed to from yourself, then, well, you're still an ENFP! Mature ENFPs are often not quite as bubbly as more immature ones, but you seem a lot like me and I'm ENFP to the bone. I'm in high school and I don't know how old you are, but a lot of people suck in high school. It leads to some more reservedness on my part, but I'm still optimistic and outgoing me. (This is the part where ENFP-me realizes she's talking too much about herself.) Okay, anyway, your N may make you seem a little bit more distant. NFs in general tend to be the most introverted of all the extravert types. In fact, it's probably the case that we ENFPs are the most introverted extraverts.

You are still an ENFP, from my perspective! I'm similar.

MBTI
    enfp

I think basic personality stays the same, but the way it manifests itself in our tendencies can change a lot depending on the experiences we have. throughout my childhood until now, i feel that i've kind of had different periods of being more or less outgoing...usually major changes would happen when i entered a new environment, because i didn't necessarily take on the same....social role?....in each environment. let's just say that if people who knew me from each place described me to each otehr, they'd be pretty shocked :P In any case, i think i tend to be less outgoing when i feel that there's a need to be cautious, especially if i've been hurt... in fact after sfter some stuff which happened this year, one of my friends commnented that i was more withdrawn.

of course, acting more introverted probably isnt always due to negative happenings like i described. i could imagine becoming less extroverted if i discovered quieter ways to find meaning, or....achieved some sort of inner peace/contentment, which lessened the compulsion to really go out there and search for improvement, or a better life?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

[QUOTE=31january;176

of course, acting more introverted probably isnt always due to negative happenings like i described. i could imagine becoming less extroverted if i discovered quieter ways to find meaning, or....achieved some sort of inner peace/contentment, which lessened the compulsion to really go out there and search for improvement, or a better life?[/QUOTE]
    i would think so. definitely there are certain types that as they get more mature, they also realize they don't need the spotlight 24/7.

Banned

I have always been quiet. When younger I was very much more carefree and compliant. Everyone loved me. I would get good grades, and sit there somber while they all cheered on my affable demeanor. I'm glad I grew up past my compliant pinching of the cheek days, but I long for and am fighting to recover my carefree, responsible and happy attitude.

I think you are getting quieter (I see you are ENFP), because you don't feel comfortable anymore. I noticed many ENFPs retreat into themselves when they don't feel welcomed or they don't fit into the group. Also, as the type description says, in new group settings they start off very introverted (sizing the group up, seeing if they'll be accepted), then slowly become more carefree and extroverted as they find and feel comfortable in acceptance.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Its doesent stay the same but it grows. This personality growing is growing as a person imo. Maturity to NF is to develope S and T, For ST its developing N and F. People do change to some extend(at least ideally), but if you dont have some psychotic episode you wont go from being emotionally stable to neurotic or from overly organized to overly disorganized etc.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I dont think personality changes are ever that radical and I'm inclined to believe that people who switch between obviously one function and another are probably on the border between each anyway, one thing I would say is that extroversion does not mean keeping the company of just anyone and desiring company at any stake, its desiring good company in preference to alternatives and that's not always possible.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I am still ISTJ, but I am more accepting of my ENFP side.

It seems counter intuitive that maturity for me means being more playful and easy-going, but it is true. I used to suffer from an "excessive amount of boring-ness". I think I really enjoy things more now. I'm happier and I think I've reached a more stable level of confidence.

I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I am still ISTJ, but I am more accepting of my ENFP side.

It seems counter intuitive that maturity for me means being more playful and easy-going, but it is true. I used to suffer from an "excessive amount of boring-ness". I think I really enjoy things more now. I'm happier and I think I've reached a more stable level of confidence.

?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]