User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Some questions for fellow infjs :)

i am kind of curious about somethings about our INFJ's since i have been puzzled and complexed by this for quite some time

1) The Empathizing: NF's are good empathizers, and this aplies to INFJ's too but im curious do you people truly do care about the problems they are having? i completely understand what they are trying to say but most of the times i just end up putting my sadface and help them to get over it, but deep inside i am bored by their crying and im thinking to myself "its your damn fault you got into this, now stop whinning and do something about it"
    and for me...doing this continually and turning it into a habbit with someone makes me wonder if i am their friend or a damned therapyst

2) Socializing: i end up making friends with Fe, but I am more apreciative of a good fight(not physical one), and i usually end up teasing and making fun of mostly everyone i could classify as a friend.

3) i once met an ENTP girl, at first i didnt think much of her, but then again we didnt talk too much, but then we went on a date, and during the whole date i was like tottaly confused, it was as if my mind went click with every word she said, eventually nothing happened, but it was a damn strange experience, does that happen with every I(NF)J and E(NT)P encounter?

and about the first 2, dont think im an INTJ instead of INFJ. I aint. I know that just as well as i know i am a male

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    The Empathizing: NF's are good empathizers, and this aplies to INFJ's too but im curious do you people truly do care about the problems they are having? i completely understand what they are trying to say but most of the times i just end up putting my sadface and help them to get over it, but deep inside i am bored by their crying and im thinking to myself "its your damn fault you got into this, now stop whinning and do something about it"
    and for me...doing this continually and turning it into a habbit with someone makes me wonder if i am their friend or a damned therapyst
    I don't see anything wrong with that.
    1. It's good to have emotional boundaries so other's problems don't unnecessarily become your own.
    2. Nobody is going to be empathetic 100% of the time no matter what their type.
    3. Sometimes people really do need to just stop focusing on their troubles and focus on their strengths and it can get tiring reminding them of that.

2) Socializing: i end up making friends with Fe, but I am more apreciative of a good fight(not physical one), and i usually end up teasing and making fun of mostly everyone i could classify as a friend.
    Arguing is fun. INFJs are passionate about their vision and beliefs and love to discuss and debate them. I like to make fun of some of my friends. There is also a good quote that DD once posted about male INFJs and how we take certain actions so as to be perceived as masculine.

3) i once met an ENTP girl, at first i didnt think much of her, but then again we didnt talk too much, but then we went on a date, and during the whole date i was like tottaly confused, it was as if my mind went click with every word she said, eventually nothing happened, but it was a damn strange experience, does that happen with every I(NF)J and E(NT)P encounter?
    Yes, it would be awkward to meet an ENTP in real life. What we have in common is our deep insight, and if we couldn't share that then we wouldn't have much to talk about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ

1) The Empathizing: NF's are good empathizers, and this aplies to INFJ's too but im curious do you people truly do care about the problems they are having? i completely understand what they are trying to say but most of the times i just end up putting my sadface and help them to get over it, but deep inside i am bored by their crying and im thinking to myself "its your damn fault you got into this, now stop whinning and do something about it"

1. I can relate. I get really frustrated when I listen to people go on & on complaining & being miserable but refuse to do anything to change their situation. I tend to listen regardless though, and resist the urge to kick their butt into gear!

2. I have the habit of arguing a bit more than necessary. I've gotten a lot better with the teasing, but I tend to take things a little TOO far when I probably should just let it rest for a couple days & approach it differently. Actually, I think I should say that I have the problem of staying in an argument when it should really just be left alone because I'm at the point of repeating myself and driving the other person nuts.

3. The only experience I have with the NF/NT romantic connection is with an INTP. The connection was absolutely mindblowing, but his laidback ways clashed a bit with my *ahem* less laidback ways and it ended after about 4 or 5 months. Basically, the only thing we had was the connection but the semantics of the relationship didn't quite work out.

MBTI
    JIxT

I will pretend I am F so that I too can be included.

1) I feel so sorry for them. Sometimes I cry with them imagining that I am in their situation. I expect someone else to do the same for me when I go to others for my problems.

2) Teasing is fun. Everyone knows that no one takes offense when you tease a little here and there. Arguing is also fun. I can get very passionate about a side I feel strongly for. I never actually get any facts across, but ranting is just as enlightening.

3) The Ni of the INFJ and the Ne of the ENTP lead to very understanding, meaningful relationships. Both percieve information along the same medium, but are different in every other way, so it is a very new experience. My brother is an ENTP and although he can get ruthlessly Machiavellian on me, my F tells me he is a kind hearted child underneath.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

i am kind of curious about somethings about our INFJ's since i have been puzzled and complexed by this for quite some time

and about the first 2, dont think im an INTJ instead of INFJ. I aint. I know that just as well as i know i am a male

1) Maybe we end up feeling like that because people naturally open up to us. For me sometimes people I just met and they may be very negative in their life and I try to get away politely as possible because I don't want to absorb it.
    2) It's easy to make friends with fellow Fe types imo. I usually appreciate the T types with lack of Fe but the easy interaction doesn't come. I feel like we are speaking 2 different languages.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm naturally empathetic. I have gotten tired of the therapist thing if I see a person will not make any attempts at fixing their situation. I can sympathize with people being messes of their own making, though, because God knows I've made most of the messes I've wound up in.

A good debate can be fun. I'm not much of a teaser, though. When I do tease, people don't know how to take it because it seems out of character, so that makes me even less likely to tease.

One of my best friends is an ENFP. My big cosmic chemical click was with an INTP, though.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

1. I can see that happening. There comes time when I really don't want to be involved as well. I like helping people... but when the person keeps on making the same mistake over and over again. It gets tiring.

2. I'm not much for socializing. I suppose I'm a private person... I wouldn't joke around much unless I'm with close friends. In that case, I might throw in a teasing remark or two...

3. ENTP... I have an ENTP friend whom I argue with a great deal of time. It's mostly friendly bantering to irritate the other person. All in the name of good fun.

MBTI
    INFJ

1) i really don't have the thought, but i do quit talking to them about that particular issue until they either do something and it or they just give up. i mean, 10 months of crying about the same thing kinda gets old

2) oh yeah, i will tease anyone and i don't mind the teasing back. its only when personal jabs will be taken defensively

3) my g/f is an ESTP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

1) Sometimes it just depends on the person I'm dealing with. If I really care about someone, I'll care enormously about their problems and think about them for days trying to find a solution. With other people, I do care, but I don't feel any overwhelming sadness or concern...I tend to detach myself so I can step back and dissect the problem, and then offer whatever advice I can give.

But yes, I do get tired of listening to whining and complaining. When that happens, I usually breakdown (either get angry or get pretty depressed) and feel really guilty when I tell them I just can't take it anymore.

2) I always get exhilerated when I've had my point-of-view/thoughts challenged. I get tired of thinking things and not ever knowing if I'm telling myself BS. I also tease my friends a lot, and I'm of the mind that if someone starts teasing you (on a harmless, joking level) then they probably consider you their equal in some way. That's how I see it anyway.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I agree with all of them
    people have remarked at how outspoken and mean i am
    but when it comes to someone crying on my shoulder,
    i am there 100%
    provided that the person isn't full of it
    and i think thats the rub for most INFJ's, sincerity