User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I used to have several recurring nightmares. They weren't really terror inducing, just negative with maybe a little panic involved. The one involving a person I knew always involved a scenario where I needed to call my then SO and no matter how many times I tried to dial my home phone number I would get it wrong. The meaning was alway obvious to me, it symbolized my lack of feeling of connection to my now ex.

I find that dreams always have meanings to be taken from them. Tht doesn't mean that I necessarily think that your subconscious is trying to tell you something in them. It is trying to build a narrative and will grab at the most convenient symbols depending on the scenarios and other symbols involved. The associations in my dreams are usually very revealing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

When I was little I had 2 recurring nightmares that I can remember....

1) all vegetation in the world was burning and fiery hands were coming out of it grabbing at people. in my dream this all seemed "normal" until a big flaming hand came out of my fan and grabbed me.

2) a witch turned me into a tadpole and I would swim around in a well with other former kids that were now tadpoles.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Another dream I'd have was of things turning into fire ants. Everything actually. It would start with small objects morphing into balls of fire ants, then people (pillars of fire ants), then the ground (sea of fire ants), & soon everything would just be fire ants. A man jumps into a swimming pool, but the water turns into ants. I pick up a gun to shoot myself but, spoler alert, the gun turns into ants. So then it's me, the air, & the ants-- we walk into a bar.

Stupid dream
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    I think you just dream about the people you're thinking about.
    true. it's been over six years since my grandfather passed away, but i still see him in my dreams regularly (it was particularly noticeable during the first year or two, but the dreams haven't stopped since then). when i do, i "discover" that he is alive and am surprised why i had ever thought that he was gone. i may even remember his actual death - he passed away right in front of me - but i assume it was a bad mistake, a false memory of sorts. after i wake up, i feel bewildered for a few moments and it takes me a while to realize the real state of affairs. then i am upset that what i saw was not true. it happens again and again.

the oddest thing is, i wouldn't say i consciously think about him much. i miss him, and wish i could see him and speak to him again, but i don't focus on this. and when he died, i could not experience the loss in the same way that the other members of our family seemed to - i think it was so immense and incomprehensible that it was just beyond me. i couldn't understand what happened, could not even cry. but my mother (his daughter), who grieved openly and severely, has never seen him in her dreams except one night right after his passing. she wants it to take place, but it never does.

- my parents decapitating me (pre-adolescence, 10-12 yrs)
    sounds dreadful - and i think i know where such dreams come from.

- screaming matches w/ my father (all the time, esp. in past 3/4 years)
    i've had similar dreams, now much less often than in the past. i scream at my mother (typically over one of the issues we disagree over) at the top of my lungs while sobbing at the same time, she screams back at me. i have never really thought of them as "nightmares", perhaps because they are too mundane and reminiscent of waking reality, but i could see how they could be much more nightmare-like to some.

one of those dreams stood out in that we were having a calm conversation for once, but it was insane - the train of thought was untraceable and what we were telling each other made zero sense. it was something one would expect to hear from two patients with acute disorganized schizophrenia. part of me realized this, and i kept thinking, "why am i saying any of this? why is she saying any of this? it makes no sense whatsoever". but there also seemed to be some inner logic to the illogic, which is why the conversation continued. this is what made the dream so disturbing.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

MBTI
    ENxP
    Socionics
    ENFp

My girlfriend has recurring nightmares about her mother, who died when she was sixteen. She is somehow sinister - somehow not the same. My girlfriend (and her sister) have almost *perfect* memories, so I don't think its a basic misrepresentation of this type. She is the sweetest (and one of the most guilt-ridden (unreasonably so)) people I have ever met. I don't know what they mean

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

1. yes, i have a few locations i tend to return to in nightmares, unfortunately. and i have had a very, very similar haunted-earthquake nightmare twice.

2. that you are feeling turmoil about something and that it links to them in some way.