User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 51

  1. #11
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    How old are you guys? If she's 21 or under (basically an adolescent) then she's allowed to be gullible and whimisical regardless of type -- or at least more gullible and whimsical now then at 35.

    Your tone implies you think you're smarter than your friend and by that observation all ENFPs are dumb. I'm not really sure where people are getting this idea that ENFPs suffer from a Peter Pan complex that stunts the growth of our intellects so we're basically retarded wo/man-children who are fascinated by unicorns and fireworks? (And that's a rhetorical question, NoCap!)
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  2. #12
    Member Electric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    entj
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    How old are you guys? If she's 21 or under (basically an adolescent) then she's allowed to be gullible and whimisical regardless of type -- or at least more gullible and whimsical now then at 35.

    Your tone implies you think you're smarter than your friend and by that observation all ENFPs are dumb. I'm not really sure where people are getting this idea that ENFPs suffer from a Peter Pan complex that stunts the growth of our intellects so we're basically retarded wo/man-children who are fascinated by unicorns and fireworks? (And that's a rhetorical question, NoCap!)
    I don't think age should be a factor in this. There have been plenty of old people who believe in ghosts.

    And what's this on tone? You totally misread me because I do not instinctually feel and care about smartness. I did not even infer that all ENFPs are dumb. As an entj, my words stand as they are. I do not say things with an emphasis on ulterior motives. I think ENFPs may have a susceptibility to fantastical thing that are on a tangent with a Peter Pan complex.
    ENFP and their fantasies
    Anyways here's an empircal evidence of a real life ENFP!

  3. #13
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    .And what's this on tone? You totally misread me because I do not instinctually feel and care about smartness. I did not even infer that all ENFPs are dumb. As an entj, my words stand as they are. I do not say things with an emphasis on ulterior motives.
    Oh really?

    Then why did you lie to your friend, twice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    I told an ENFP friend of mine that I could read people's minds and she believed me. She has been on her guard ever since and it's really confusing me. She goes as far as telling me that if she had telepathic powers, she would think of it as a curse. I'm probably going to explain myself soon, but I don't get to "be" a telepath everyday so I'm going to have more fun. I think she justifiably fooled as I'm good enough with people, but not on a mind reading level. I also told her years ago that I could astral project myself into another plane of existence and she believed me. Man, ENFPs are really gullible to that supernatural stuff. I'm astounded.

    What would happen if a con-magician learned about this big secret and started selling his magic?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #14
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Good for you Electric Now why don't you go take some candy from a baby?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #15
    Member Electric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    entj
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Oh really?

    Then why did you lie to your friend, twice?
    errr...I dunno. Doesn't stuff like this only count when there's no really funny jokes involved?

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Good for you Electric Now why don't you go take some candy from a baby?
    Sure whatever, where do you live? har har har

  6. #16
    Member Othon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Funny. It's generally my ENFP friend who does the talking about astral projecting and freaky paranormal stuff. And I'm the one who acts as if I believe it, but deep inside I kind of don't. But I'd never tell her that.

  7. #17
    Senior Member sriv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    JIxT
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Sure whatever, where do you live? har har har
    I'll gladly join you in your escapades.

  8. #18
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric
    Sure whatever, where do you live? har har har
    Wouldn't you like to know...


    *whatever is suffering caffeine detox at the moment
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #19
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    I don't think age should be a factor in this. There have been plenty of old people who believe in ghosts.
    Now this sounds defensive. And we weren't talking about believing in ghosts -- I was talking about being gullible and easily duped. Since you know you aren't psychic and were able to convince your friend otherwise.

    My point is, you both sound young (to me) and that this scenario seems much more age related than purely type related. I remember in highschool almost every student had some passing interest in hypnotism, ghosts, scary stories, ouija boards, divination, astrology, etc. People from different classes and cliques would all talk about it or engage in it (spirits, visiting fortune tellers, etc.)

    Even through college people played with Ouija boards and fortune telling and visited abandoned hospitals to look for ghosts and such. It's pretty common for the age, I'm sure someone could even come up with biological or evolutionary reasoning for it. It's also why a big chunk of horror and 'supernatural' movies have highschool and college aged kids as protaganists. And I really doubt I went to a highschool or college filled with ENFPs (that woulda been something).

    There's also a reason cults specifically target the young (and intellectually curious) like college students.

    And I will readily admit, when I was 16 or even 19...or 22, I was muchmore likely to take people at face value, accept claims I now consider outlandish, and basically humor people.

    And what's this on tone? You totally misread me because I do not instinctually feel and care about smartness.
    Well it's not a matter of whether you say you consciously care, you can still feel superior to someone else intellectually. In fact, some of the most arrogant people I've encountered say they don't care about intelligence, because you know, they're above all that.

    I did not even infer that all ENFPs are dumb. As an entj, my words stand as they are. I do not say things with an emphasis on ulterior motives. I think ENFPs may have a susceptibility to fantastical thing that are on a tangent with a Peter Pan complex.
    ENFP and their fantasies
    Anyways here's an empircal evidence of a real life ENFP!
    Well, technically I was inferring from your post that you think ENFPs are dumb.

    I know this is a MBTI site (or MBTT as Ezra likes to say) but this part of your post sounds more like blanket type casting or using a few kernels of truth to back up much extrapolation.

    I know I'm not the best candidate to say that ENFPs are not youthful or enjoy the whimsical (I mean, I have a freaking avatar of CGI arcade game characters and a smiley face as a signature) however, there is such a thing as caricatures and taking the easy way out.

    I think sometimes people read the back of a book or skim some paragraphs on a type website and suddenly opinions balloon into 'facts' and all this personal/age/cultural/what-eva stuff gets conflated with 'type'. Every type has it's related stereotype, and it's VERY easy to twist theory, state the stereotype, and then throw in a few websites or even books that will back it up.

    I'm not necessarily saying this is exactly what you did, because I don't know where you or your post are coming from, but I've seen enough of this even on this site to be wary of it. I'm especially wary of it when it comes to my shared type and frankly immature or just unwise behavior gets attributed to "being ENFP".

    Maybe (and I'm stretching here to be diplomatic) these are examples of behavior as someone matures into the healthy, full-grown state of their type where their functions are well developed and well rounded...??
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ?N?P
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Do you think John Edwards' audiences are made up of entirely ENFPs? I think a lot of people want to and do believe in supernatural things for a lot of different reasons. It's not just a type. As for your friend being gullible and you playing her, the other poster had it right. You're both just young. You'll both grow up.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  2. [ENFP] How to spot an ENFP a mile off
    By LostInNerSpace in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:23 PM
  3. [ENFP] How to Ceaselessly String Along an ENFP
    By Algora J in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 11:06 PM
  4. [ENFP] What does an ENFP love to hear?
    By DeVie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 11:35 PM
  5. [ENFP] Was my dad an ENFP or ISFP??
    By BookLady in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO