User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default A INFJ relationship question...

First off I'm not a psych major and some of this stuff is pretty new to me. A psych major friend of mine gave me a personality test years ago and told me I was INFJ. A few years ago when I was given a psych exam for a job I was again told I was INFJ. I took another test this last week and guess what...I'm a INFJ (male if you were wondering).

My girlfriend (who is a psych major) is a ISFJ. I love her, but her personality can drive me up the wall. I don't know if there is any kind of compatability thing out there but I was curious what people's thoughts were on this. Can a INFJ get along with a ISFJ? Can two INFJ's work? Just curious.

MBTI
    INFJ

well, i know this ISTJ guy though

imma INFJ male too, but my girl is ESTP

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    First off I'm not a psych major and some of this stuff is pretty new to me. A psych major friend of mine gave me a personality test years ago and told me I was INFJ. A few years ago when I was given a psych exam for a job I was again told I was INFJ. I took another test this last week and guess what...I'm a INFJ (male if you were wondering).

My girlfriend (who is a psych major) is a ISFJ. I love her, but her personality can drive me up the wall. I don't know if there is any kind of compatability thing out there but I was curious what people's thoughts were on this. Can a INFJ get along with a ISFJ? Can two INFJ's work? Just curious.
    An INFJ is very versatile when it comes to matching. My dad's an ISFJ and we have a great relationship. I mean, its obviosly different than a romantic one with a female, but it shows they can get along.

I would say that the best matching types for an INFJ are as follows:

ENTPs
    ESTPs
    ENFPs
    INTJs
    INFJs
    ISFJs

This is just from what I've experienced and from what I've read.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

ISFPs aren't half bad actually...

In fact they aren't bad at all.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post

Hmm. You would both have external feelings as a surface extraverted function (Fe). Internally there would be a disconnect.. you would be using your feelings to feed your intuition, and she would be using it to feel her sensory world. So I doubt on the inside you have much in common!

On the other hand, with you both having extraverted feelings I suspect it's quite a fiery and/or emotional relationship!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have a pretty good relationship with my ISFJ sister-in-law. We have kind of a mutual admiration thing. She has really flexed in order to be friends with me because I am pretty quirky and unconventional. I've had to learn to sort of translate, make it clear that I think the way she does things is great even when it's different from how I do them, and basically accept her terms for our relationship. I have a lot more flex than she does, in part because I have a really low-maintenance husband and she's married to my high-maintenance (but wonderful) brother.

If we had to be a team irl, she would be the boss because she is a delegating wizz and I don't mind being bossed if I'm handled right (asked nicely and appreciated). I would be her sounding board/troubleshooter.

For years, I thought my sister-in-law was a judgmental, anal control freak and she thought I was lazy, uncaring, and possibly stuck-up. My mom sort of kept that impression of one another going. I'm not saying we still don't see each other that way a little, but it's only part of a much bigger picture and as a loved one's foibles. If we lived together, though, I'm guessing those are the things that would get to us about each other.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I really think there's a great deal more involved in a relationship than is accounted for by MBTI types. If you look at types of married couples you'll see that INFJs get paired with pretty much every single type under the sun.

However INFJs shared many similar traits with ISFJ. The desire for harmony and wanting the world to be a better place for one. I've never been in a relationship with ISFJ or INFJ... but I can tell you in a friendship, INFJ-INFJ is rather comforting. As to my ISFJ friends, sometimes we have clashes of view (probably due to Ni vs Si) but overall it's not bad in my opinion.

MBTI
    INFJ

I am in a happy relationship with an ISFP. I have a special relationship with my ISFJ grandmother, and these two Sensors in my life relate to me very well and vice versa. Your relationship will work if you make it work, I guess, and don't fret over personality type compatibility too much.

That said...I met someone who I thought was a male INFJ once and I would never NEVER have been able to date him: he was a mirror image of me yet I defensively thought of him like a complete weirdo. I wonder what two INFJs together is like...but I might not really want to know, actually!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Oh, yeah, I don't think I'd work with another INFJ, either. Like me, but not too like me is just right.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    I would say that the best matching types for an INFJ are as follows:

ENTPs
    ESTPs
    ENFPs
    INTJs
    INFJs
    ISFJs
    Hey, what about us INTPs?
    I have given this subject a lot of thought and i think the combination of healthy INFJs and INTPs might be some of the most profound there is.

INFJs - Coincidence? - INTP Central