User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

Default ENFP's 2w3 vs 7w6

What would each look like? (ENFP 2w3 on the enneagram vs ENFP 7w6 on the enneagram)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

http://www.fitzel.ca/enneagram/socstyle.html

Compare the assertive style to the compliant style.

Sevens want security and fulfillment and they demand that others and the world provide it. Sevens feel that they deserve to have fun and entertainment and if they don't get it here, they will seek it elsewhere. When others don't provide satisfaction, Sevens will seek it elsewhere or will try to indulge themselves.
    Twos want attention, and try to get it by following the rules. If Twos love, help, and care enough for others, they will earn attention from others. If Twos do not receive enough attention, they will increase the amount of help they give. If they are all-loving saints, no one will reject them, and they will be loved (the ultimate attention) in return. Twos set themselves up as superior by making others dependent on them.
    These descriptions are really good, except the "following the rules" part of the two description is a little misleading -- it's more like they hold themselves to the rules of good they've defined for themselves.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

cool...so would it follow that an ENFP who's a 7w6 would be a bit colder...and more interested in the fun as opposed to the relationship, and the 2w3 the opposite? like the 7w6 would be less likely to be guilt tripped and not as much of a "feeler" as the 2w3 or does it depend?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

great link thanks!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by WhimsyGirl View Post
    cool...so would it follow that an ENFP who's a 7w6 would be a bit colder...and more interested in the fun as opposed to the relationship, and the 2w3 the opposite? like the 7w6 would be less likely to be guilt tripped and not as much of a "feeler" as the 2w3 or does it depend?
    That sounds approximately correct. 7s are flighty under pressure, 2s are more clingy.

I like to think of enneagram as an intersection of the variables listed under "patterns and structures" on this page.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I'm a 7w6, and the relationship is absolutely what I'm about. I don't understand what "fun" is supposed to represent in this scenario? It sounds like you're either a dithering idiot who MUST be entertained, or conversely, a vise grip tight, stage 5 clinger. Boo hissss.
    7w6 so/sx

" The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp." - John Berry

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I'm a 7w6, and the relationship is absolutely what I'm about. I don't understand what "fun" is supposed to represent in this scenario? It sounds like you're either a dithering idiot who MUST be entertained, or conversely, is a vise grip tight, stage 5 clinger. Boo hissss.
    Well yeah, it's not like 7s can't be tied down and 2s can't let loose. But 7s tend to be more novelty oriented and 2s tend to be more comfortable in the structure they're already in.