User Tag List

First 45678 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    people are praising you for something you aren't even responsible for
    Indeed?
    Am I to understand that you make absolutely no attempt to enhance your appearance; not in the way of make-up, clothes etc?

Perhaps we ought only to compliment those who've undergone plastic surgery -- the ones who worked their asses off (or rather those who didn't...) to make enough money so they could afford it.

something that isn't a representation of the youest you
    Seems to me that the youest you is the you that you can't change. The natural you.
    Well except by surgery...
    I covered that already.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I usually assume (maybe stupidly?) that people mean well and I usually blush.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I don't hate them unless they are meant to hurt me. They do make me uncomfortable sometimes because I don't always know how to respond to them.
    You said it perfectly, Cafe.

Hate? No.

But like a moth to a flame...
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I appreciate compliments, especially since I'm so curious as to how others perceive me. (Negative comments are welcome as well, so they can sketch out an accurate portrayal.)
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFJ

I love sincere compliments, but I tend to shrug it off so I doubt people know how much it means to hear it.

MBTI
    INFJ

I love sincere compliments too! If it's someone who knows me intimately, it means a lot because they know all my flaws. I prefer compliments on my character rather than my looks or something superficial. It is awkward to have someone compliment me if I'm not expecting it. I'll usually be like, "Really? Aw, thank you! That makes me feel good." (and then hug them if I'm comfortable with them). I prefer compliments in letters. If I receive a letter that is sincere and from the heart, I melt. It probably has something to do with my type being better communicating through writing. Plus, I can have something tangible to remind me that that person loves me. I can keep the letter and "experience" it over and over. I don't know if that makes sense or not.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Real, unsolicited compliments from those who give them sparingly can be meaningful. My actions are not done with recognition as an aim so unless it is legit I prolly don’t want to hear it.

I love compliments. Of course, sincere compliments. They make me feel good, especially when I somedays think that my work is not very good or that I don't look to good that day (when I'm tired or stressed). So, if someone gives me a compliment on such a day, it makes me feel much better. And it's really sweet if it's sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I appreciate compliments, especially since I'm so curious as to how others perceive me. (Negative comments are welcome as well, so they can sketch out an accurate portrayal.)
    Yeh same. I'm a sucker for feedback; good or bad.

Complements are great when they are honest and sincere. When they are said to be nice they are also okay, because the intention counts. When they are said to take advantage of me, how I take them depends on whether I am attracted to you .

Isn't a compliment always a positive?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.