User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

Default extroverted INFP

is it possible for someones' cognitive functions to basically indicate INFP but they are pretty legit extroverted? would that be an ENFP?
    also how would an ENFP 7w6 look as opposed to an ENFP 2w3 or an ENFP 3w4?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by WhimsyGirl View Post
    is it possible for someones' cognitive functions to basically indicate INFP but they are pretty legit extroverted? would that be an ENFP?
    also how would an ENFP 7w6 look as opposed to an ENFP 2w3 or an ENFP 3w4?
    If the cognitive functions indicate INFP, then they're INFP by definition. They can still be "extroverted", just in the colloquial sense and not the MBTI sense.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i think whatever way you twist and turn it, the most important and most trustful thing is the cognitive functions. decide what they are and you are set to go. regarding introverted ENFPs, ENFPs are supposedly the most introverted of extroverts.

oh, btw, what do you mean by extroverted? the MBTI definition of extroverted is someone whose energy is charged when in company with others. introverts the opposite. but it doesn't say anything about social abilities or degree of shyness, if you know what i mean.

ENFPs are Ne-Fi-Te, INFPs are Fi-Ne-Si. Go from there.

One clue: when you wake up in the morning, what's your first thought? first perception? mine is certainly Ne. are you Ne or Fi? whichever comes first and more naturally to you, should be your dominant.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

wat would an fi thought look like and wat would an ne thought look like? lol. the first thing i think wen i wake up in the morning is "where's the coffee??"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

i happen to have a very high Fe also, which i think is unusual for an NFP. does that make a difference. is one type "jerkier" than the other?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

wat would an fi thought look like and wat would an ne thought look like? lol. the first thing i think wen i wake up in the morning is "where's the coffee??"
    ahah i don't know about Fi, because I'm not an Fi-dominant, but when I wake up in the morning my mind is all over the place. my first thought is "hello world. things. what's happening? what do i want to do today? oh so many things are possible. this this that. cool, let's wake up"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i happen to have a very high Fe also, which i think is unusual for an NFP. does that make a difference. is one type "jerkier" than the other?
    Err I don't know. I read sometime ago that there was some ENFP user on this forum that had quite a high Fe. Also, there are some discussions going around whether an Fi dominant will also be very good at using Fe, an Te dominant very good at using Ti and etc and so forth. But I don't want to overwhelm you....have you ever taken a cognitive function's test?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If you're an extrovert and you use Ne and Fi, then you're probably an ENFP. It's hard for many people to tell where their dom function leaves off and their aux begins. When I first got into MBTI, it was clearer to me that I preferred intuition over sensing than whether or not I preferred feeling over thinking, and yet, I am a Fi-dom. Sometimes your dominant function is so second nature (or it IS your nature), that you can't "see" it, and the aux is easier to identify.

Have you read the Jungian descriptions of Ne & Fi? Check them out here, if not: http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

EDIT: You might also consider the "inverse" type. Cognitive function tests are often inaccurate. For instance, if you think like an F-dom, relate to NFs, and are an extrovert, then maybe you're an ENFJ and not an NFP at all.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

yeahhh i have. and i got Fe and Ne in almost equal (highest) percentages. but i am first and foremost a feeler. i think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

Have you read the Jungian descriptions of Ne & Fi? Check them out here, if not: http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

WOW. that's a lot.