• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] extroverted INFP

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
is it possible for someones' cognitive functions to basically indicate INFP but they are pretty legit extroverted? would that be an ENFP?
also how would an ENFP 7w6 look as opposed to an ENFP 2w3 or an ENFP 3w4?

redacted

is it possible for someones' cognitive functions to basically indicate INFP but they are pretty legit extroverted? would that be an ENFP?

If the cognitive functions indicate INFP, then they're INFP by definition. They can still be "extroverted", just in the colloquial sense and not the MBTI sense.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think whatever way you twist and turn it, the most important and most trustful thing is the cognitive functions. decide what they are and you are set to go. regarding introverted ENFPs, ENFPs are supposedly the most introverted of extroverts.

oh, btw, what do you mean by extroverted? the MBTI definition of extroverted is someone whose energy is charged when in company with others. introverts the opposite. but it doesn't say anything about social abilities or degree of shyness, if you know what i mean.

ENFPs are Ne-Fi-Te, INFPs are Fi-Ne-Si. Go from there.

One clue: when you wake up in the morning, what's your first thought? first perception? mine is certainly Ne. are you Ne or Fi? whichever comes first and more naturally to you, should be your dominant.

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
wat would an fi thought look like and wat would an ne thought look like? lol. the first thing i think wen i wake up in the morning is "where's the coffee??"

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i happen to have a very high Fe also, which i think is unusual for an NFP. does that make a difference. is one type "jerkier" than the other?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
wat would an fi thought look like and wat would an ne thought look like? lol. the first thing i think wen i wake up in the morning is "where's the coffee??"

ahah :D i don't know about Fi, because I'm not an Fi-dominant, but when I wake up in the morning my mind is all over the place. my first thought is "hello world. things. what's happening? what do i want to do today? oh so many things are possible. this this that. cool, let's wake up"

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i happen to have a very high Fe also, which i think is unusual for an NFP. does that make a difference. is one type "jerkier" than the other?

Err I don't know. I read sometime ago that there was some ENFP user on this forum that had quite a high Fe. Also, there are some discussions going around whether an Fi dominant will also be very good at using Fe, an Te dominant very good at using Ti and etc and so forth. But I don't want to overwhelm you....have you ever taken a cognitive function's test?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you're an extrovert and you use Ne and Fi, then you're probably an ENFP. It's hard for many people to tell where their dom function leaves off and their aux begins. When I first got into MBTI, it was clearer to me that I preferred intuition over sensing than whether or not I preferred feeling over thinking, and yet, I am a Fi-dom. Sometimes your dominant function is so second nature (or it IS your nature), that you can't "see" it, and the aux is easier to identify.

Have you read the Jungian descriptions of Ne & Fi? Check them out here, if not: http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

EDIT: You might also consider the "inverse" type. Cognitive function tests are often inaccurate. For instance, if you think like an F-dom, relate to NFs, and are an extrovert, then maybe you're an ENFJ and not an NFP at all.

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yeahhh i have. and i got Fe and Ne in almost equal (highest) percentages. but i am first and foremost a feeler. i think.

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
but im so not a J type. i was thinking that...but i don't have ENFJ's "charisma"

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you read the Jungian descriptions of Ne & Fi? Check them out here, if not: http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

WOW. that's a lot.

The whole thing is not Fi & Ne...scroll down to those sections :D.

but im so not a J type. i was thinking that...but i don't have ENFJ's "charisma"

These can amount to stereotypes though.....and I'd say Ne-dom are stereotyped as charismatic also. Extroverts in general can be described that way, whether it's accurate or not.

But keep researching. At some point it will become clear & you'll know your type :).

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
imo ive found that ENFJ's are more "warm" and OVERWHELMING with their desire to know you, help you, even their conversation style is like gentle, but can be intense. they are givers, obv, but it's interesting that they are first and foremost concerned w/ making sure u know that they are the giving type. theyll take ppl under their wing, if they are healhty enuff.
ENFP's i see are more "crazy" they are funner, they are WAY less concerned about YOU as much as abt their own "cause" or good time, they are more out-of-the-box. not that they are mean, they are just less concerned with your feelings than ENFJ's are.
are ENFP's that are a diff enneagram # different than this? most ENFP's i know are very 7-ish.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm a rather social INFP. I live inside my head, but spend most of my time around others. As a result I often zone out and the people I'm with have to just accept this aspect of me and not take it seriously.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
One clue: when you wake up in the morning, what's your first thought? first perception? mine is certainly Ne. are you Ne or Fi? whichever comes first and more naturally to you, should be your dominant.

First thing when I wake up is I'm jarred awake and am cranky that the alarm is going off, then I hit snooze and go to bed.

I guess the sensation is kind of like birth (not giving birth but being born) and it's like "where am I?" Lots of sensations but overall of perception opening up into the world. It takes me longer these days to "figure out" what's going on. I am more sensate right when waking but I think most people are. When people are groggy puddles of jelly, they're groggy puddles of jelly. Yes? :thinking:

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can be very extroverted with people I know well.
Oh, and throw in a bottle of gin and I will literally dance a jig, haha :newwink:
There are also occasions where I am incredibly good at small talk.

To me, being extroverted a good deal of the time seems like you wouldn't be an INFP, tho. The previous posters sound much more well versed in MBTI than I am.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

it's likely you're an ENFP. it's much more common for introversion to come naturally to ENFPs than for extroversion to come naturally to INFPs.

also:
ENFP 7w6: Martin Short
ENFP 3w4: Gwen Stefani
ENFP 2w3: ???

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
yeahhh i have. and i got Fe and Ne in almost equal (highest) percentages. but i am first and foremost a feeler. i think.

If you identify a lot with the Fe-Ne deal, you might be an ESFJ with underdeveloped aux. Si. ESFJ is Fe-Si-Ne-Ti

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
if im not an ENFJ, then im definitely not an ESFJ lol. could it be that a person would have a high Fe from having a parent with a high Fe? i actually dont get along with ESFJ's that much so it's funny u shud mention it