User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: INFJs and Single-Mindedness

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I just got my new book, "Just Your Type, Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of Personality Type." I'm pretty impressed with it and recommend it to anyone who would like some greater insight into their own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to relationships with other types or even just a good review of type theory.

I was especially intrigued by some of the comments made in the INFJ profile about our greatest alleged asset/fault.

Nope, doesn't sound like me one bit.

Would you consider INFJs to generally be earnest, unshakable, stubborn, single-minded, unyielding, and defensive?
    Absolutely. Stubborn, unyielding, defensive, unshakable describe my more negative traits that people dislike. Because of those traits I also get labeled arrogant and elitist at times.

Ugh, is it so wrong to value these often ill perceived parts of yourself? I mean, aside from becoming defensive, maybe; I often get told I'm being defensive and manipulative when I'm simply standing by my perceptions, especially those insights I have that challenge the beliefs or ideals of others. I know it's very arrogant sounding, but it's so rare I'm wrong. Whatever the case, it seems to scare the hell out of people, who then start throwing accusations at me until I either crumble or walk away. Personally, I deeply value conflicting intuition from other NJs, particularly the NFJs.

I definitely get called pompous, and I absolutely require closure, which pisses almost everyone off.