First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

me too

and i get very defensive

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

The description is fitting... I see myself unconsciously doing all of the above if I don't stop myself in time.

I believe all of those problematic traits are due to a too rigid Fe. The sense that we have to do everything right and solve all the problems in the world :rolli:

Stubborn single-mindedness in defending our beliefs and values and in making those into reality.

Sometimes I wonder if we have a screw loose in our heads... for attempting to achieve the near impossibility by acting as the pivotal point... nudging/influencing/manipulating (*gasps* ) people around us. What might take the society lifetimes to accomplish (if it can even manage it), we think we can do it ourselves in one morning and still come back in time for tea. All in a day's work. Haha!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Would you consider INFJs to generally be earnest, unshakable, stubborn, single-minded, unyielding, and defensive?
    I don't know about all INFJs, but I think that describes my innate disposition pretty well. I try to be aware of these and not let them influence me in a negative way, but that takes a conscious effort.

MBTI
    INFJ

i would say yes to the above

once i've had my mind set, it is set until completion

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Would you consider INFJs to generally be earnest, unshakable, stubborn, single-minded, unyielding, and defensive?
    Based on the three people I know well in real life who type as INFJ (my partner, my sister, and a former coworker), I would say no, they generally do not express in such a manner.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    Based on the three people I know well in real life who type as INFJ (my partner, my sister, and a former coworker), I would say no, they generally do not express in such a manner.

cheers,
    Ian
    then what would you say about them ?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP

As individuals, each expresses in an individual way. That said, I thought for a bit about what I perceive in their expression that is common.

• each of them displays a remarkable ability and willingness as it concerns self-disclosure
    • each of them has thought long on, and maintains a set of values, but they concern their own choices as opposed to being used to morally judge others
    • each of them presents with a pleasant, if reserved, demeanor at work - and this is genuine, not a facade
    • each has a deep sense of empathy, and are concerned for the well-being of others
    • each have expressed upset and sense of injustice when they have perceived unequal treatment based on skin color
    • each tends to do things in a manner that gets them done, but does not suffer the paralysis and worry of doing them in accordance with an external standard of "rightness"
    • each have expressed and acted with a strong sense of duty as it concerns their commitments
    • each have demonstrated an ample openmindedness as it concern's others' experience and differing values and meanings

I'm sure there are others.

cheers,
    Ian

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Thank you Ian
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    infj

Have you seen or read Into The Wild?
    I have long believed that Alex was an INFJ and am interested in other opinions...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I very much agree with first post.
    I dont know how many times in my life i've nailed myself to the cross of my own convictions, and hung there, without relenting, nor giving way.
    Its given me cause for regrets, heart break, alienation from those I've loved in some cases,.. and all usually over what may seem unimportant differing views on principles or morality.
    I cant be any other way.
    I can fake being tolerant of others and their own morality, (or lack of it)
    Fe seems to be helpful in me keeping my opinions and principles to myself for the most part,.. but when people get close to me, they'll see how unyeilding i really am,.. and how defensive and annoyed i can be when i feel my values are being dismissed, or attacked.
    I DO take it personally, cant help myself,.. though usually, later, when Ive calmed down, Im more able to see their point of view too, even if I disagree with it.
    Once Im in defensive mode, its best for both parties to pack away , leave and come back later when both have calmed down.. but my Jness and need for resolution makes it difficult to walk away.
    All this confronatation upsets me greatly, but still,... I carry on arguing into infinity... and beyond.
    G. x