ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

oh. i have that.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm not really sure how this is an inferior Si thing. It seems like we should be talking more about the other side of the coin, the dominant Ne, paired with Fi. It makes for a lot of 'I wonder what they're thinking' moments. I've seen other ENFP's being told to stop 'living in their own world' and create problems in their own head. I'm only slowly starting to learn that.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    enfp

hmm, i think the inferior Si could come in because despite all the Ne speculation, we don't have reliable sensing information to tell us that we're just being paranoid! :P

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I wonder if we are more prone to it, being feelers, and also having the potential to overthink what may or may not be. A few ENFP's on here, (myself included) have reported severe anxiety disorders.

(other types have, as well, of course. I don't know if it happens more/ or more severe than usual in the ENFP- and why or why not?)
    Absolutely. THere are other tangential threads on this. Also unofficial data - all the confirmed ENFP females I know suffer from hyperactivity turned anxiety. Including anxiety attacks.

It's that motherflipping overactive Ne that keeps feeding into an oversensitive Fi filter. The Fi can't filter the Ne fast enough so all our data from Ne overloads us. Personally, I care way too much about how other people think and my 7w6 (the way our anxiety is directed) makes me want to be a people pleaser in many ways. I hate it. I think if I were an 8 or even a 9 I would be a lot less anxious. I naturally scan and gauge people's reactions. It's very exhausting of my personal/mental/psychic reserves and makes me anxious because my system naturally does this but there isn't really an end point or goal. I have vague but high expectations desires of myself that hinge on the approval/opinions of others but I don't understand intellectually/consciously what my body and mind are automatically doing. So it's just a system spinning wheels on high gear stuck on a gear going nowhere.

Does that resonate with anyone?

On an 'Ne note' ENTPs do NOT share the problem of "caring what people think [about them]" so there is no seed for anxiety.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sx

We're just a bit more sensitive to our social surroundings. Ironically it's being more socially aware that makes us anxious in social situations. We can innately feel when we're being judged and it hurts us more than most.
    That's why we'd be more prone to social anxiety, at least.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Absolutely. THere are other tangential threads on this. Also unofficial data - all the confirmed ENFP females I know suffer from hyperactivity turned anxiety. Including anxiety attacks.

It's that motherflipping overactive Ne that keeps feeding into an oversensitive Fi filter. The Fi can't filter the Ne fast enough so all our data from Ne overloads us. Personally, I care way too much about how other people think and my 7w6 (the way our anxiety is directed) makes me want to be a people pleaser in many ways. I hate it. I think if I were an 8 or even a 9 I would be a lot less anxious. I naturally scan and gauge people's reactions. It's very exhausting of my personal/mental/psychic reserves and makes me anxious because my system naturally does this but there isn't really an end point or goal. I have vague but high expectations desires of myself that hinge on the approval/opinions of others but I don't understand intellectually/consciously what my body and mind are automatically doing. So it's just a system spinning wheels on high gear stuck on a gear going nowhere.

Does that resonate with anyone?

On an 'Ne note' ENTPs do NOT share the problem of "caring what people think [about them]" so there is no seed for anxiety.
    This is true for me too for the most part, I just think myself off into disasters and I'm never going to be good enough to live up to my own expectations. I'm not so big on the people pleasing end, but I know it's there to some extent.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    I'm not really sure how this is an inferior Si thing. It seems like we should be talking more about the other side of the coin, the dominant Ne, paired with Fi. It makes for a lot of 'I wonder what they're thinking' moments. I've seen other ENFP's being told to stop 'living in their own world' and create problems in their own head. I'm only slowly starting to learn that.
    God i do that something chronic. Then i panic about all the imaginary situations i have created....
    Must remember they are not really real.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"