• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] In general how good are INFPs at running a business?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
my infp is a reliable, punctual and hard practical worker. She can be a trendsetter but she is in need of a muse often enough as well. In combination we are good, I have the ideas and she does the work :)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My advice, Prp, is research.
Lessons learnt from my wee experience, check out laws and regulations! - This is a huge one. Figure out if you have to get permitts and certification. Maybe do a small bussiness course. Lots of adult education orgnisation have short courses. Don't wing it, and discover you can't do what you originally planned.
You got supportive family, so you have people to support you when times are tough. Make your presence known! This one is a struggle for introverted types.
It's not all peaches and roses, but those six months of freedom were best I had, inspite of my business failing to launch. My experience, at least was, I enjoyed having my own schedule, and that ultimately my day was up to me. Your flexibility will be a bonus.
Adapting the original plan is also good, things have a weird way of not being quite what you expected.
I'd like to have another crack one day, and start out a little slower....my biggest issue was I had to get a pretty quick return, and it just doesn't work like that. Also have a plan. This was some thing I wasn't good at. It doesn't matter if you have to change it, just have guide lines, but the nature of your bussiness necessitates good planning, so you won't come unstuck there.
I can't think of any thing else right now. Ask sucessful bussiness owners for advice, LOL.
I'd also be interested in what other folks have to say. I learnt some vital lessons first time round, but , never turn good advice away.
Good food seems to do well. Especially home cooked food. Maybe talk to other folks in a similar bussiness.

Also...actually this is a big one. Don't undersell your self. Check out what similar meals cost at resturants etc. If you charge too little people wonder why. I think for myself, this was my biggest problem. Charge what you are worth.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My cousin is a Psychologist and he is doing well in his business, and I believe he is INFP. He wrote a Psychology book and opened 2 clinics. But he doesn't do those things alone, I think he has work partners... He has been getting a little famous in the Psychology field...
He is the only INFP adult I know.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If I tried to run a business it would be a disaster. Running myself is enough of a business, & I run that business into the ground

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That said, I'm an awesome worker though, & my work ethic can defeat most people's if I direct it right. I'm not some oblivious guy, I know the business world, it's dog-eat-dog. That said... working too much is not something I often like doing.

When I say work, I mean work on my own stuff.

Running a business-- that would be a nite-mare.

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
INFPs do great in business but first get Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. Not only to help you with being your own boss even if it's a small business - financial literacy is important and you can start with this book. It's a misconception that to do business it is a requirement to work all day long - unless you want it that way. It is important in the long-term that you have money work for you instead of you working for money.

Hope that helps and enjoy the ride! :)

Standuble

It's probably not too difficult if you were to make it your "cause" in life. Otherwise it would be complicated due to three potential INFP areas: a) It's not something you really should become "bored" with. Being stuck with a massive debt and business you no longer care about really suck. b) Organising the business effectively, knowing how to market it to the sensor masses and how to sustain and grow it for the future is a language you have to learn and finally c) Rules and regulations. Plenty of things to memorise there and its not always possible to get away with cutting corners around.

If you can overcome all these then I don't see why you can't make something good out of it, make something good out of your life and enjoy yourself at the same time.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'm in business with an ENFP - maybe this will be of help. he hates the details, and does not have the focus it takes to really address issues that are complicated (which make him stressed out). He can get petulant when he is forced to do things he does not want to do that involve stuff he's not interested in. But - he's a good people person and entertaining for the most part, which is good for business.

surtsey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I started a bunch of magazines when I was 9-12, and I did get a fair amount of subscribers (lol, about 40 at the most--not so grand now that I think about it), but I got lazy and quit. I dunno, as an INFP I wouldn't like the pressure and monotony of having to run a business for an extended period of time.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If prpl doesn't get to come back I'm gonna throw molotov cocktails in here