User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ExFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Default um, if i could get some advice?

I'm sixteen. I don't know much about myself, I don't really know what most of my ambitions are. I think I'm having an early life crisis. All the thoughts in my head feel like that fuzzy snow on a T.V when you switch to the wrong station, it just doesn't want to work. I want to make a beautiful collaboration of words and I know I'm capable of doing so. I've just been taken out of highschool to live with my father and I haven't been in school or been able to socialize with people my own age for about a month and a half. The reason I got taken out of school was for personal reasons with me and my mother we had always had a rough relationship and it wasn't healthy for me, I ended up being really emotionally low. I'm going to do online courses hopefully soon. I came here to maybe be enlightened I think? I don't want to seem like a whiney kid, because most people on here are much older, but I just wanted to see what people had to offer and surround myself in some wise words.

My dad introduced me to the MBTI test and I tested twice as en ESFP but also tested as an ENFP, I'm not particularly sure which I am between the two, I'm still developing as a person. I have a mixture between the two. I have strong feelings for both.

I'm not really positive what I'm asking for here. It'd be nice to talk to some kind people.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 12-05-2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: threads merged
    "We are all worms, but I do believe I am a glow worm." -WC

Hi

There are some people twice your age who still don't know what they want to do with their lives, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Just do whatever interests you and have a good time with your friends - there's not much else that's important in life.

Can I ask why you were taken out of high school?
    Hello

MBTI
    ExFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I reposted in NF idyllic, but the main reason really is I didn't have a healthy relationship with my mother. It became increasingly strenuous on my emotions and how I handled stress so I went to my dad's and my mum asked for me to be taken out of highschool and do an online course.

Permabanned

When i was 16 i dropped out of high school too. For personal reasons as well..i ended up getting a ged and going to college a couple years later.

Im a little older than you, about to finish college, and still have little idea what id like to do with my life. Youre not alone.

My advice would be to not neglect your social life.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Firstly, I can tell that you have a talent for writing. Do you love it? then never stop. transcribe your thoughts. Don't edit until later. let thoughts live by themselves before you cut them up.
    You will always be learning, expanding. You will always feel that you don't know enough. you may always feel that you aren't good enough, but that's a problem of perspective, meaning that you, like me, like most people, can't see themselves clearly. So feel it, put it aside, do what you love anyway. [END TRANSMISSION]

welcome ms happy! I would suggest you are likely an enfp-your avi is very beautiful-the way the birds become trees and the trees branch into everything is quite divergent.

My son is a 15 yo enfp and he complains about having fuzzy thoughts as well. He also did something very funny the other day. He said "Mom, I was sitting in class and I realized that evrything I do today could affect what I do for the rest of my life". I recalled doing this when I was 16, and it was really scary as I didnt know what I wanted to be or where I mght go....It is a bit like a little midlife crisis as suddenly you face having to figure out where you are going....

If you love writing-then make yourself write. Recognize at times you will feel very tired or bored or like you just cant keep writing-then make yourself write just a little more-just a few more minutes.

Pay attention to those moments in everything you do...when your brain feels fuzzy and you feel like quitting, work just a bit longer. Then look with pride on what you have done. That will be your baby Thinking side growing in, which helps you turn all of the beautiful ideas and emotions you feel into something you can share with others. But it is a bit like building muscles-it takes some work, especially at first.

As for family issues, it seems part of being a teenager sometimes...often you may not communicate the same way as a parant or maybe you are just like a parent and you drive each other a bit bonkers. As adults we get to place distance between others, even if we love them, if they are very different from us. We can even move to another town and only visit on holidays, but as a kid you get stuck having to live day to day with someone who may think about the world very differently from you. It can be pretty hard and the constant negativity can accumulate inside of you and weigh you down and make you feel kinda guilty-like it is your fault, when it is really just how relationships between people go sometimes.

This place is fun, but I would suggest you limit the time you spend here...be sure to find beauty and love in the world around you in those you see everyday-that is more real that the internet

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You seem pretty introspective. I know it seems important to know where you're headed right now, but you really have plenty of time. All the bad things and good things that happen will give you more insight into yourself in the long run -- just have some experiences and work on accepting that you're going to be in a transitional phase for many many years.

Do you want to go to college?

MBTI
    ExFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    welcome ms happy! I would suggest you are likely an enfp-your avi is very beautiful-the way the birds become trees and the trees branch into everything is quite divergent.

My son is a 15 yo enfp and he complains about having fuzzy thoughts as well. He also did something very funny the other day. He said "Mom, I was sitting in class and I realized that evrything I do today could affect what I do for the rest of my life". I recalled doing this when I was 16, and it was really scary as I didnt know what I wanted to be or where I mght go....It is a bit like a little midlife crisis as suddenly you face having to figure out where you are going....

If you love writing-then make yourself write. Recognize at times you will feel very tired or bored or like you just cant keep writing-then make yourself write just a little more-just a few more minutes.

Pay attention to those moments in everything you do...when your brain feels fuzzy and you feel like quitting, work just a bit longer. Then look with pride on what you have done. That will be your baby Thinking side growing in, which helps you turn all of the beautiful ideas and emotions you feel into something you can share with others. But it is a bit like building muscles-it takes some work, especially at first.

As for family issues, it seems part of being a teenager sometimes...often you may not communicate the same way as a parant or maybe you are just like a parent and you drive each other a bit bonkers. As adults we get to place distance between others, even if we love them, if they are very different from us. We can even move to another town and only visit on holidays, but as a kid you get stuck having to live day to day with someone who may think about the world very differently from you. It can be pretty hard and the constant negativity can accumulate inside of you and weigh you down and make you feel kinda guilty-like it is your fault, when it is really just how relationships between people go sometimes.

This place is fun, but I would suggest you limit the time you spend here...be sure to find beauty and love in the world around you in those you see everyday-that is more real that the internet
    Thank you so much! I will take your advice to heart. I write every night before I fall asleep for a half an hour, to either reflect on my thoughts or anything I feel like writing down. That seems to be a huge help for my mood or whatever. My dad is a really down-to-earh and amazing individual and he's on here as well, he suggested Typology to me instead of facebook and stuff and it's already helped alot. I'm greatful for people like him and you for giving me the kind of thoughts I probably wouldn't come across on my own.

As for the family stuff it's strange I only have 7 people in my family. And at the moment I only feel a strong connection to three of the people in it. I'm sure over time that will change, it's just a strange awkward phase. I feel like the connections I have with the family members I am close to are beautiful and something that will help me through these years.
    Again, thank you so much.

MBTI
    ExFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    You seem pretty introspective. I know it seems important to know where you're headed right now, but you really have plenty of time. All the bad things and good things that happen will give you more insight into yourself in the long run -- just have some experiences and work on accepting that you're going to be in a transitional phase for many many years.

Do you want to go to college?
    I have a very introspective father, he's been a great role model for me.
    Thank you for your advice sir. I'm actually thinking about going to this college; http://www.evergreen.edu/
    I've read into it quite a bit and I have trouble learning in an ordinary class-like environment. It seems like an awesome place.

MBTI
    ExFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    When i was 16 i dropped out of high school too. For personal reasons as well..i ended up getting a ged and going to college a couple years later.

Im a little older than you, about to finish college, and still have little idea what id like to do with my life. Youre not alone.

My advice would be to not neglect your social life.
    Maybe I'll end up getting a GED. But I'm gonna try the highschool thing. What are you in college for?