• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Which NF type is the most bullheaded?

Which NF type is the most bullheaded?

• INFJ

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

Usehername

On a mission
Does the decision affect just the INFP or the people/environment around the individual? It might help to point out the effects to others that the INFP may not be aware of

Basically in the circumstances I'm thinking about, I think it comes down to me being both right and pragmatic, and they realize this but want someone standing up for the unrealistic ideal. I think my brother knows I'll be practical; I've got that covered. So he doesn't have to work about dealing with the RL issues that come from not compromising and being realistic.

Neutralpov

:sadbanana:

I have been told I am stubborn by an ISTJ, which made me laugh because they are the bulwarks of stubbornity. It never occurred to me that I am stubborn though. I thought the ISTJ was seeing themselves in my behavior.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I've tried this. How do you make INFPs budge when they've made a values-based decision that you think is the wrong decision? I try morals and values arguments and it doesn't work.

I think that we just need our feelings to be validated sometimes. When someone starts off by listening and agreeing with me to some extent and THEN trying to persuade me to their views I'm much more amenable. Really solid logic always gets through to me though. I just need things delivered in a soft manner that is respectful and through argument I can relate to. So for example, I'm quite idealistic and when people act like humans it can be disappointing. If someone thinks I am being too self righteous they can demonstrate through my own behavior that I too at times am not so perfect and that the ideals I hold aren't very objective.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted INFP, because Fe tends to change their opinions when they see evidence, like, it thinks that the evidence can "disprove" an opinion. INFPs having dominant Fi, I voted for them.

I actually thought that ENFJ would, in some respects, be the least bullheaded. And they are my shadow! :blush:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I wish people would base their results on experience and not theory because I assure you INFPs are very flexible people. My last boyfriend called me Bendy for effs sake...although that might have been for other reasons.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I wish people would base their results on experience and not theory because I assure you INFPs are very flexible people. My last boyfriend called me Bendy for effs sake...although that might have been for other reasons.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Of course... that's why I said in some respects. NFPs are just the type to not change their beliefs because they are different from other people's. That is a sort of bullheadedness, though not a bad one, and one I totally identify with! My ENFP sister is often unwavering in her opinions, whether on big topics or random things. :shrug:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I think y'all just aren't strong enough interlocutors, that's all :p

Seriously, anyone can change my mind. It is a rather malleable one.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

My BFF is an INFP and she can be - and usually is - very flexible. However, at the same time she can be one of the most stubborn people I've ever met. It all has to do with her latching onto an Fi/Si ideal about how something "should be" or "ought to be". When this happens... oy vay... she's like a bull dog who stubbornly defends her ideal and refuses to change her mind even when the facts don't support her idealized view of [insert your favorite INFP's idealization here].

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
If you take away our silly ideals we crumble though. Best not to ruin the meaning in our life so you can be right;)