User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which NF type is the most bullheaded?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

14 25.45%
  • ENFJ

20 36.36%
  • INFP

13 23.64%
  • ENFP

8 14.55%
First 345

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Does the decision affect just the INFP or the people/environment around the individual? It might help to point out the effects to others that the INFP may not be aware of
    Basically in the circumstances I'm thinking about, I think it comes down to me being both right and pragmatic, and they realize this but want someone standing up for the unrealistic ideal. I think my brother knows I'll be practical; I've got that covered. So he doesn't have to work about dealing with the RL issues that come from not compromising and being realistic.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I have been told I am stubborn by an ISTJ, which made me laugh because they are the bulwarks of stubbornity. It never occurred to me that I am stubborn though. I thought the ISTJ was seeing themselves in my behavior.
    Extroverted (E) 67.74% Introverted (I) 32.26%
    Intuitive (N) 51.72% Sensing (S) 48.28%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    so/sx/sp

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I've tried this. How do you make INFPs budge when they've made a values-based decision that you think is the wrong decision? I try morals and values arguments and it doesn't work.
    I think that we just need our feelings to be validated sometimes. When someone starts off by listening and agreeing with me to some extent and THEN trying to persuade me to their views I'm much more amenable. Really solid logic always gets through to me though. I just need things delivered in a soft manner that is respectful and through argument I can relate to. So for example, I'm quite idealistic and when people act like humans it can be disappointing. If someone thinks I am being too self righteous they can demonstrate through my own behavior that I too at times am not so perfect and that the ideals I hold aren't very objective.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I voted INFP, because Fe tends to change their opinions when they see evidence, like, it thinks that the evidence can "disprove" an opinion. INFPs having dominant Fi, I voted for them.

I actually thought that ENFJ would, in some respects, be the least bullheaded. And they are my shadow!
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I wish people would base their results on experience and not theory because I assure you INFPs are very flexible people. My last boyfriend called me Bendy for effs sake...although that might have been for other reasons.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I wish people would base their results on experience and not theory because I assure you INFPs are very flexible people. My last boyfriend called me Bendy for effs sake...although that might have been for other reasons.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Of course... that's why I said in some respects. NFPs are just the type to not change their beliefs because they are different from other people's. That is a sort of bullheadedness, though not a bad one, and one I totally identify with! My ENFP sister is often unwavering in her opinions, whether on big topics or random things.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think y'all just aren't strong enough interlocutors, that's all :P

Seriously, anyone can change my mind. It is a rather malleable one.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    My BFF is an INFP and she can be - and usually is - very flexible. However, at the same time she can be one of the most stubborn people I've ever met. It all has to do with her latching onto an Fi/Si ideal about how something "should be" or "ought to be". When this happens... oy vay... she's like a bull dog who stubbornly defends her ideal and refuses to change her mind even when the facts don't support her idealized view of [insert your favorite INFP's idealization here].
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

If you take away our silly ideals we crumble though. Best not to ruin the meaning in our life so you can be right