User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

You need to have more sex and then those feelings will go away. That fixes the one thing anyway.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ

This thread is alarming and interesting. First, if I may, a function police moment: a persistent self image built up over time and associated with core value judgments that are difficult to change, particularly when assailed by external importunities... that's Si. Second, if I may, the implications arising from this being (seemingly) an archaic and difficult-to-address inferior outburst...

Okay, so, you're resisting change. How come no one's helping you ease into the change? Obviously they're not, or they're not doing it in the right way, because you're still having this reaction. We can say either the virginity value is actually objectively a valuable value or it is some part of a self-image that is now being aggravated by some unconscious or semi-conscious concerns, like for example that you don't want to get married, that you don't love this guy. The circumstances you're entering are raising such alarm deep in your being that this one value is assuming some vital (and heavily irrational) place of importance. "The people around me don't know who I really am! They won't value or respect it! THEY WON'T LET ME HAVE MY TRANSITION!"

Which is all very interesting. But the truth might be just that the "change" that is soon to "come over" you, while distressing, is horrible in prospect only. Later, when the ripping asunder of the hymen of solitude has been completed, and several days of healing and wailing have passed, then the change will have happened and won't have been all that bad and new adventures and experiment will be possible.

Herewith I do end my speculations and any lingering thoughts of ENFP sex.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

Alternatively, you need an image to work with. What happens after The Fall? After Eve gave it up (sluttishly seducing the innocent Adam), she became... what? What in the religious tradition is the role for women after The Gates of Heaven/Hell have suffered to be opened under the battering of the ram?

*sigh* no wonder this is unpleasant. There is *no* way to view a woman as valuable after she's sold her precious gift?

You might have to make up a new image for a (God-fearing, Christian, but pierced) woman.

Bear children, ASAP.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Alternatively, you need an image to work with. What happens after The Fall? After Eve gave it up (sluttishly seducing the innocent Adam), she became... what? What in the religious tradition is the role for women after The Gates of Heaven/Hell have suffered to be opened under the battering of the ram?

*sigh* no wonder this is unpleasant. There is *no* way to view a woman as valuable after she's sold her precious gift?

You might have to make up a new image for a (God-fearing, Christian, but pierced) woman.

Bear children, ASAP.
    Ack! Bear Children are an ABOMINATION in God's eyes! Oh noes!

MBTI
    INTJ

Only because Yogi and Boo Boo sometimes got it on! 2Xtreme's kiddies won't be like that.

More Paddington, less Shardik. Heaven still stands.

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think it's important to remember that you're not losing a piece of yourself. You're completing the circle. You're not "the girl who doesnt have sex".. you're the girl who has waited for the right moment.

I'd also suggest doing some counseling.. It is very likely that you won't cope with the idea of not being a virgin anymore well. I'm not saying you won't.. it could be that you go, "Finally, I did this.. and its awesome. and now the rest of my life can be spent happily with this man." But there is a chance that it is going to give you some anguish. It is a huge change--going from openly being a virgin to even secretly knowing you're not one anymore.

But. You're not breaking your rules or your personal values by having sex on the right night for you. Being innocent as a kid is awesome--and I loved those times of my life so much.. but I'm not innocent anymore. I had to step forward past it--so it's a fond memory for me, being oblivious to the darker aspects of the world. There was a real, and very viable normal place for you as a virgin in your life.. but to keep yourself from walking forward would be to change your values. You'd no longer be waiting for your wedding night--you'd simply not want sex.. and that opens up a whole other world of questions.

I'm happy you've found someone to share such a special moment with, and I wish you two the best. If you find yourself struggling with it still though, I'd highly suggest just talking a few times with a sex counselor.. So that when the night comes it's carefree and special.

As far as the last name thing.. I've heard of people merging their last names, creating a new one out of both of theirs.. it's not very common, but it might be something to look into. If you're both adamant about keeping your last names, then I'd really have serious talks about this. Now-a-days, there's nothing that trumps one over the other.. Tradition or no, you're stuck with a name for a long, long time. Being happy about it is pretty essential. You won't be a 'bad wife' for not taking his name.. and the kids could still have his if ya'll decided on it beforehand.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Also, who says you have to have sex after your married? I'd protest that. It's like they're forcing you.

Filhos de Mente de Cristo

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    I am a Christian and try and live the lifestyle of how I am called to be. I am well into my 20s and still a virgin & am waiting until my wedding night.

It's like I have "Sex is bad!" in my head and I now feel uncomfortable to think, holy crap, I am going to be having sex soon, and now all of a sudden it's Ok!
    To first address the middle statement, I have never seen this in an ENFP and I know A LOT of them! I would very seriously do some research into INFPs, I'm not saying you are one as you know you better than I do but looking into it may help you understand yourself better if you decide it is a fit. I know A LOT of INFP virgins (and vegetarians), it's fairly common for them and fairly rare for ENFPs so I would give that some thought.

The first and last statement are pretty redundant, this is part of choosing a fear based faith, Christianity has totally warped our sense of sex in a very unhealthy way in the US, it's a sad truth but there is so much quilt and fear and so on around something so wonderful that God (if that's your belief) has given us. To the point that we have 20 something virgins fearing having sex.

All change, even for the better comes with fear and adjustment. Not having sex is as simple as being stubborn, I was a virgin till I was 21 (due to faith) at which point I decided it no longer made any sense to stay one and I didn't want any part of a faith that created so many issues around such a potentially wonderful thing. That of course was my choice but even with those strong convictions it was hard to adjust and I didn't feel right about it.

Life is messy, love is messy, sex is messy, it's all messy, sometimes you have to let go of control and attachment and dive in! It's twisted but sometimes doing the harder thing becomes the easier thing which is the rut you're stuck in.

You love your man, you show him with your words, actions, touch, heart, mind, thoughts, you are loosing nothing but adding something, you can now show each other with your entire body and that's an amazing connection that you have very frankly been missing out on for a very long time.

Relax and enjoy yourself and your partner.

PS I'd bet $4,500 and my iPad you're an INFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ i don't think it's only a christian thing, honestly, or necessarily an INFP thing. i think that there is also a certain pocketed societal ideal that is at least somewhat widespread in our specific generation - many of my friends have not had sex or have only very recently started to. for the people i know, it is generally upper-middle-class academic-focused young adults who have learned the majority of their sexual knowledge on the internet.

@2XtremeENFP i know what you mean... i was a virgin until very recently (did not wait until marriage, but waited until i was really in love) - and i have had that "purity" as a significant part of my identity for a long, long time. i'd sort of idealized myself as a virgin in some ways. i guess this is sort of stupid, but to ease my own transition, i made my own little "archetype" image-ideals of the virgin Princess and the sexual Queen. (i doll'd them, below ) it helped me lose the "dirty" feeling i had associated with the idea of myself being someone who has sex, and not "pure" like i was - but i think you still can be pure, it's just a different type of purity. since it's going to be with someone you love and will be formally, spiritually committed to - there is a certain element of purity that is retained in that, i think. you've never done it with anyone but him before and will never do it with anyone else in the future - it's sacred between the two of you.

and i know birth control can feel a little banal... but honestly now i find it kind of entertaining, and am a little proud, whenever i take it. there's someone i love who has sex with me! it's kind of great.

also, for the record, sex is awesome, and the good feelings you get from it when you finally have it will definitely help ease that transition!

though at least for me, because i had built the whole thing up in my head too, it wasn't right, the first time. it was too staged. i just want to tell you this ahead of time because i'm guessing you may possibly feel pressure on your wedding night itself (not necessarily pressure from anyone, just self-imposed), and that can sabotage it by accident. i'm not sure what to say that can help with that, besides the more natural, the better. you will feel it when it's right... even if it's not right away, even if it's not that night or even the next day.

as for last name - some people just take on all 4 names... you could do that...?

congratulations on getting married

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think it's important to remember that you're not losing a piece of yourself. You're completing the circle. You're not "the girl who doesnt have sex".. you're the girl who has waited for the right moment.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    This thread is alarming and interesting. First, if I may, a function police moment: a persistent self image built up over time and associated with core value judgments that are difficult to change, particularly when assailed by external importunities... that's Si. Second, if I may, the implications arising from this being (seemingly) an archaic and difficult-to-address inferior outburst...
    What's all this internal and external talk. What are internal values vs. external values? The things I believe in, work towards, find right and wrong, no matter what will bleed to my outter life. If I believe in a certain ideal, I am going to voice it.

I feel I will NEVER understand Si. How Si looks in an ENFP that is. Or maybe Si over all. My fiance is an ISTJ and I can see Si in him because well, it's simple, it's practical, it's known, it's safe.

Okay, so, you're resisting change. How come no one's helping you ease into the change? Obviously they're not, or they're not doing it in the right way, because you're still having this reaction. We can say either the virginity value is actually objectively a valuable value or it is some part of a self-image that is now being aggravated by some unconscious or semi-conscious concerns, like for example that you don't want to get married, that you don't love this guy. The circumstances you're entering are raising such alarm deep in your being that this one value is assuming some vital (and heavily irrational) place of importance. "The people around me don't know who I really am! They won't value or respect it! THEY WON'T LET ME HAVE MY TRANSITION!"
    I have people trying to help me feel better. My ISTJ knows my feelings and he tries to help me feel better. My ESFJ friend who also saved herself until marriage kind of agrees with how I felt, but now she's married and she said it'll go away, so I trust her. My ESFP friend cant relate to me at all hahah but she is trying to help me as well, JUST ENJOY IT DONT WORRY SO MUCH

Believe me, this isn't anything having to deal with me questioning my love for him or my wanting to get married. We've been dating FOREVER and I know he's the one, I wouldn't have it any other way. And believe me, I want to have sex haha but it's just weird to think that this thing i've valued will now go bye bye.