User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default INFP's and their apperance

I'm sorry if there's already a thread like this, but I'm posting it anyway >:D

So, over the summer I got my hair cut short for a plethora of reasons, but mainly because it had been shoulder-length my whole life and I wanted to try something new for a change. My friends all loved it and I appreciated the compliments. Then, I ran into my ex the following conversation went something like this:

Ex: "You cut your hair."

Me: "Yep!"

Ex: "It's too short. I don't like it. Grow it back out again."

Me: "Wh-wha? I like this way."

Ex: "Well, whatever. Its too short."

Me: -glares at him in anger, then makes in excuse to leave-

Its happened with a lot of other small things relating to my appearance, too... like make up, clothing, accessories, etc. I was just wondering if any other INFP's get that ticked off if something relating to their appearance is criticized. I don't think its the fact that they don't like it, but rather they're criticizing something that I put time and thought into, that makes me angry.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm pretty sure I'm an INFP, but not positive so take that into account when reading my comment.

I get kind of like this sometimes, and I think it's more the criticism in general that gets irritating. That's how it is for me at least, I don't like to be criticized, even constructively. I don't know for sure though. *Shrug*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I would find his comment rude because
    1. You didn't ask for his opinion or validation or comment at all.
    2. He gave an opinion that was more like an order, telling you to grow it out. He's your ex - what makes him think he can tell you what to do with your hair? Even if you were together, there are tactful ways to indicate you'd prefer your partner to have a different hair style.

I can relate to the reason you state, but I'd also have a problem with the above issues. It's not just lack sensitivity, but the arrogance to assume he could tell me what to do with my hair when he's my ex, and the fact that it seems like a low-blow bitter comment to make. All of that would make me steer clear of him permanently.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

there are some INFJ photos in this article: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ption-Filatova
    and this one: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tova-portraits
    (look under IEI/INFp, there is a bunch of photos there, for ENFP look up IEE, for INFP look up EII, for ENFJ look up EIE)

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Some men seem have serious issues with women cutting their hair short. It's like they think it's destroying a woman's sexiness and somehow they find that personally offensive. My uncle was recently talking about a close friend of my sister who went from long bond hair to a pixie cut (who looks super cute with it BTW) - he seemed disgusted that she would do such a thing. I thought he was being completely ridiculous but at least he didn't say this to her face, like your jerk of an ex.

But I think your annoyance is consistent with any type. I don't think it's specific to INFPs.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Well, as a guy I don't really get into such situations as the OP, but tbh I find the comments of the Ex make him look like a dickhead / I find it rude. It is one thing to say you personally prefer it to be one way, but a totally different thing to make absolute statements about it and "demand" to change it back. It is not his business after all.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by MsBleedingCrow View Post
    I'm sorry if there's already a thread like this, but I'm posting it anyway >

So, over the summer I got my hair cut short for a plethora of reasons, but mainly because it had been shoulder-length my whole life and I wanted to try something new for a change. My friends all loved it and I appreciated the compliments. Then, I ran into my ex the following conversation went something like this:

Ex: "You cut your hair."

Me: "Yep!"

Ex: "It's too short. I don't like it. Grow it back out again."

Me: "Wh-wha? I like this way."

Ex: "Well, whatever. Its too short."

Me: -glares at him in anger, then makes in excuse to leave-

Its happened with a lot of other small things relating to my appearance, too... like make up, clothing, accessories, etc. I was just wondering if any other INFP's get that ticked off if something relating to their appearance is criticized. I don't think its the fact that they don't like it, but rather they're criticizing something that I put time and thought into, that makes me angry.
    Are you over your ex? Because that's what I see here, not anything related to INFPs.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'd be offended too if someone said that to me. I agree that it's rude. Why is he telling you what to do anyway when it's definitely not your job to please him?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This isn't a type thing as much as it is a teenager thing, I reckon.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Ex sounds like a jackass.
    You lose.