• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] I always wanted to be famous (infp)

KDude

Being famous would suck.

OTOH, I might not be so different, if I got REALLY famous. I remember watching some show with the drummer from Motley Crue.. Tommy Lee.. and he was talking about how he rarely leaves his house. That it's not even close to as exciting as some would think. He's bought everything he could possibly need, and puts it in his house. And then never leaves. Because he can't leave anyways.. life in the outside for him is a hassle.

So taking that into account, he's just doing what I'm doing - and I've done half the work. I've got everything I need too (more or less), and the outside is already a hassle as it is. And I didn't have to be a rockstar to accomplish this.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
So taking that into account, he's just doing what I'm doing - and I've done half the work. I've got everything I need too (more or less), and the outside is already a hassle as it is. And I didn't have to be a rockstar to accomplish this.

But...but...what about all the groupies? :)

Edit : And of course this is Tommy Lee who was married to Pamela Anderson... He has reasons to stay at home in bed

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
To me, being famous is a necessary evil. I want to be a writer. I want to write all day, not just in the few minutes I pilfer from the weekends when I should be resting. A full-time job means to me: a job that's exhausting enough so you need at least your whole weekend to recuperate. I have this impression jobs are tailored in order to keep you from being creative. I want to be creative all day, damnit. I have a thousand ideas and by the time I'm ready with them, I'll have a million more. If being famous is necessary, well give me that stupid fame and let me write!

A

Anew Leaf

"thinks about what you said" mmm

not sure what to think... hmm

I really thought eminem was an infp... i read that a long time ago on some mbti website... there must be alot of false predictions about who is what out there on these sites... every socionics website or mbti or whatever lists so and so as this and this person as whatever....

Well, if it's on the Internet, then it must be true!

i need attention

MBTI Type
infp
i just want to be rich and succsessful..i think a fun way to do that would be through fame of some sort...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...maybe you could accomplish something worthwhile (earn your money & fame)?? Consider it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Being famous is a lot of work. The more people want you, the less personal life you have; it's really not desireable.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used have fanatasies like that. Like Tullulah, I recognized it was more about recognition of talent/contributions than actual fame. i'd go Britney Spears on Y'all if every one wanted to know about my private life.

Hecuba

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
I can't say I necessarily ever wanted to be famous, per say but the thought of achieving something of great meaning and value has appealed to me a lot. This has been something since I was small, I always wanted to do something, but I am not sure what it is yet but something to make a big difference in the world and for the better.

sorenx7

Being famous with music has always appealed to me. In general, I'd rather not be the center of attention. However, I'd make an exception with that.

Standuble

Learning how to revive people from the dead would make someone instantly famous, or perhaps infamous depending on the point of view of those involved (which is the case for all fame.)

I have had this problem throughout living memory. I would take both the "dark" and the "light" path - becoming famous for contributing or for not contributing at all. The public eye in both cases is a sufficient platform to aim higher and provides booster fuel or stepping stone for when you wish to contribute to the world in some way. For this reason I would consider selling myself out either on cheap television or doing something degrading on a YT video which went viral as I then have an audience who can be exposed to content with more substance. If the ego is an acceptable loss and the fulfilment of your dream/ideal/vision etc. is your primary concern then IMO it's a sound idea.

I've always imagined it as e4 mixed with some Te seeking external measure of one's success. Few things are more immediate obvious in their uniqueness than a luminary for those of similar personality and en masse still in obscurity.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm...being famous as an end doesn't sound very INFP to me. I think of INFPs as the type who would rather die poor and stick to their own poetry, music and whatnot rather than the type that would want to become famous. Maybe I'm mistaken.

sorenx7

Hmm...being famous as an end doesn't sound very INFP to me. I think of INFPs as the type who would rather die poor and stick to their own poetry, music and whatnot rather than the type that would want to become famous. Maybe I'm mistaken.
''

What you say is accurate, IMO. However, as an INFP gets older, it may begin to dawn on him or her that being without much money isn't all it's cracked up to be (despite the abundance of authenticity which may be involved.)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I enjoy recognition. I like being well-known and respected at my workplace, and if I could gain the same in a greater context via my contributions to whatever field, I imagine I would find that very pleasing. I don't seek it as an endgoal in itself, though, more as a marker of the real goal of having a large-if-possible positive impact on my world. I'd take money, too, because I enjoy being able to create a safe, comfortable, generous, and beautiful life for myself and others. I don't feel like there's anything contradictory about NFP and this.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
''What you say is accurate, IMO. However, as an INFP gets older, it may begin to dawn on him or her that being without much money isn't all it's cracked up to be (despite the abundance of authenticity which may be involved.)

I'm glad to hear that I have confirmation from an INFP.:D You're probably correct, but, according to you, it's something which begins to develop with time, certainly not along the lines of "I've always wanted to be famous.

sorenx7

I'm glad to hear that I have confirmation from an INFP.:D You're probably correct, but, according to you, it's something which begins to develop with time, certainly not along the lines of "I've always wanted to be famous.

It's speculation on my part. But I'd say there are probably more differences between younger and older INFP's than with all other types.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's speculation on my part. But I'd say there are probably more differences between younger and older INFP's than with all other types.

You probably know better than I do.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds completely horrible to me.

I'm even in a creative type field and don't crave recognition for it. Not any more than what I need to get and maintain a clientele.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always wanted to be famous. Partly to have external confirmation of success, but that's not so important to me anymore; I think in recent years it has been more confirmation that I exist. I tend to think of myself as existing in the minds of other people; I always imagine I'm famous, and if I don't, I feel like a ghost with no real identity. I have no idea if or how this correlates with type, but I'm betting Fe. I still aspire to be a singer of dance music, and possibly a fashion designer, but if I don't that's ok. I don't think I would want to be really famous, the kind where I couldn't go anywhere. I'd just want to be thought of as cool and have a good social life. And making music would be really fun. But I wouldn't want to be in the situation where people only liked me because I was famous; I want to be liked, but for who I really am.