User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Learning how to revive people from the dead would make someone instantly famous, or perhaps infamous depending on the point of view of those involved (which is the case for all fame.)

I have had this problem throughout living memory. I would take both the "dark" and the "light" path - becoming famous for contributing or for not contributing at all. The public eye in both cases is a sufficient platform to aim higher and provides booster fuel or stepping stone for when you wish to contribute to the world in some way. For this reason I would consider selling myself out either on cheap television or doing something degrading on a YT video which went viral as I then have an audience who can be exposed to content with more substance. If the ego is an acceptable loss and the fulfilment of your dream/ideal/vision etc. is your primary concern then IMO it's a sound idea.

I've always imagined it as e4 mixed with some Te seeking external measure of one's success. Few things are more immediate obvious in their uniqueness than a luminary for those of similar personality and en masse still in obscurity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Hmm...being famous as an end doesn't sound very INFP to me. I think of INFPs as the type who would rather die poor and stick to their own poetry, music and whatnot rather than the type that would want to become famous. Maybe I'm mistaken.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    Hmm...being famous as an end doesn't sound very INFP to me. I think of INFPs as the type who would rather die poor and stick to their own poetry, music and whatnot rather than the type that would want to become famous. Maybe I'm mistaken.
    ''

What you say is accurate, IMO. However, as an INFP gets older, it may begin to dawn on him or her that being without much money isn't all it's cracked up to be (despite the abundance of authenticity which may be involved.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I enjoy recognition. I like being well-known and respected at my workplace, and if I could gain the same in a greater context via my contributions to whatever field, I imagine I would find that very pleasing. I don't seek it as an endgoal in itself, though, more as a marker of the real goal of having a large-if-possible positive impact on my world. I'd take money, too, because I enjoy being able to create a safe, comfortable, generous, and beautiful life for myself and others. I don't feel like there's anything contradictory about NFP and this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sorenx7 View Post
    ''What you say is accurate, IMO. However, as an INFP gets older, it may begin to dawn on him or her that being without much money isn't all it's cracked up to be (despite the abundance of authenticity which may be involved.)
    I'm glad to hear that I have confirmation from an INFP. You're probably correct, but, according to you, it's something which begins to develop with time, certainly not along the lines of "I've always wanted to be famous.

Schopenhauer

I'm glad to hear that I have confirmation from an INFP. You're probably correct, but, according to you, it's something which begins to develop with time, certainly not along the lines of "I've always wanted to be famous.
    It's speculation on my part. But I'd say there are probably more differences between younger and older INFP's than with all other types.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sorenx7 View Post
    It's speculation on my part. But I'd say there are probably more differences between younger and older INFP's than with all other types.
    You probably know better than I do.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Sounds completely horrible to me.

I'm even in a creative type field and don't crave recognition for it. Not any more than what I need to get and maintain a clientele.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I've always wanted to be famous. Partly to have external confirmation of success, but that's not so important to me anymore; I think in recent years it has been more confirmation that I exist. I tend to think of myself as existing in the minds of other people; I always imagine I'm famous, and if I don't, I feel like a ghost with no real identity. I have no idea if or how this correlates with type, but I'm betting Fe. I still aspire to be a singer of dance music, and possibly a fashion designer, but if I don't that's ok. I don't think I would want to be really famous, the kind where I couldn't go anywhere. I'd just want to be thought of as cool and have a good social life. And making music would be really fun. But I wouldn't want to be in the situation where people only liked me because I was famous; I want to be liked, but for who I really am.

You probably know better than I do.
    It's possible. However, the most brilliant analysis I've ever seen of INFP's was by an INTP.
    Last edited by sorenx7; 12-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.