User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Though I'm not quite in this type grouping, I'll just say I'm another one of those 'always want to be famous' people. I haven't had much of anything specific in mind, but I knew that I had to have influence and that either the beginning or the end of that would end up with me being on TV. Now I see that I really just need the fame for whatever I create, but if that turns out to make me all mega-famous let's just say I wouldn't mind

The type thing.... it's very common for INFPs to dream big in general, and to have your voice heard (maybe literally ). Wanting the reality of being a big celebrity with everything going a million miles an hour and being under pressure and everyone wanting to know everything about you with their eyes on everything.... actually striving for that part of it I'd imagine is on the uncommon side for any introverted type.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by i need attention View Post
    anybody else relate to that?

I always wanted fame in some way, .... preferably by being a musician or something like that...anything really... Ive actually went as far as trying to find fame in my own small home-town recently since i dont think my music is ready for the masses, well i havent tried hard enough yet...but i think i could be a really big celebrity if i had the right resources... is this normal for an infp?
    Do you have the looks to model? You could try that. Get paid to be fussed over.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm not an NF (though I'm close to being one), but I can relate to this. And I also don't want to be famous purely for fame's sake, but have fame for my accomplishments. I would, however, prefer to achieve much and not be recognized than be famous but not have achieved much.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Fame for my creation/invention - yes. Fame for myself - no

Being in R&D, my 'ambition' is to create the next killer-app that will be used by millions. On the other hand, becoming a celebrity will be too uncomfortable I feel. I already over-analyze what my small circle of friends and acquaintances think of me and my actions. I can't imagine what it'll be like to be a public figure and be constantly under the glare of the media. I'd probably end up like a quivering mass of jelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    That's a good distinction, William K. I always had dreams and fantasies about fame from the time I was a kid. But the more I learned about myself and the older I got, I realized what I really wanted was to be recognized for a contribution. It would be my worst nightmare to actually be famous. I can't imagine how excruciating it would be to have people prying into my private life, following me around taking my picture, that kind of thing.
    I wouldn't mind being author-famous, though. Famous enough that people know your name, respect you, give you a good table at a restaurant, but not so famous that people care who you're currently dating or who your favorite designer is, blahblahblah
    @bold parts, I agree on these as well. I would like to be acknowledged for some kind of creative contribution in the future, but I don't want to be red carpet famous.

Quote Originally Posted by i need attention View Post
    I also have a feeling theres alot of famous infp's in the music industry... Eminem...the biggest selling rap artist...i KNOW he's infp. I have a feeling Tupac and jay-z are closely related to infp's too... infp's are very gifted individuals... i know i am.
    hahahaha that's hilarious. Eminem, as Edgar already pointed out, is clearly ISTP.

Before you fly yourself off into "INFPs are amazing, therefore everyone whom I think is amazing is therefore an INFP" land... understand that that is not true.

Showing greatness and claiming greatness are not always the same coordinates on the graph of life.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I just want to be at the top of my game. Whatever endeavor that I was currently dreaming about, (and there were many many- ) I was always on top in my dreams. Whether it was doing a book signing or walking around on the red carpet, winning a famous court case or standing up at an Ivy league school speaking in front of millions of doctors, I dreamt of it. (I can't even get through a CPR class without having three weeks of mass triage situations where I save a huge amount of people in my mind- especially if I'm standing amongst large groups of people- "and that guy has internal hemorrhaging and is going into shock! and that kid shattered her femur! that one is turning blue!")

I used to think it was silly and strange to have all these thoughts. Now I figure that maybe it just keeps me motivated whether it's realistic or not.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

NPcomplete

I would love to be famous for creations, inventions, scientific disoveries etc.. I don't know how I'd deal with the consequences of being famous - locking myself in my room? - but it might be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I just want to be at the top of my game. Whatever endeavor that I was currently dreaming about, (and there were many many- ) I was always on top in my dreams. Whether it was doing a book signing or walking around on the red carpet, winning a famous court case or standing up at an Ivy league school speaking in front of millions of doctors, I dreamt of it. (I can't even get through a CPR class without having three weeks of mass triage situations where I save a huge amount of people in my mind- especially if I'm standing amongst large groups of people- "and that guy has internal hemorrhaging and is going into shock! and that kid shattered her femur! that one is turning blue!")

I used to think it was silly and strange to have all these thoughts. Now I figure that maybe it just keeps me motivated whether it's realistic or not.
    I can totally relate to those dreams. I have given lots of Nobel prize acceptance speeches in my dreams, saved so many lives and of course, defended cases that were impossible and won. They may seem ridiculous, and probably are, but they do keep me going.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I can totally relate to those dreams. I have given lots of Nobel prize acceptance speeches in my dreams, saved so many lives and of course, defended cases that were impossible and won. They may seem ridiculous, and probably are, but they do keep me going.
    Heh, try beating writing a novel that wins the Hugo Award, which is made into a movie that wins some Oscars, and has a theme song that wins some Grammys... Ahhh, I miss my delusional days
    Last edited by William K; 11-22-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Got the Nebula and Hugo mixed up :tongue:
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Heh, try beating writing a novel that wins the Hugo Award, which is made into a movie that wins some Oscars, and has a theme song that wins some Grammys... Ahhh, I miss my delusional days

I don't have artistic aspirations but if I did...

You (well, I did too) forgot the Pulitzer prize.. I wanted to be a war journalist/photographer and win the Pulitzer but that was a very short-lived fantasy ( a week maybe).

Winning the igNobel would be so crazy too. *goes off to daydream*

Edit:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWMYGLxSWPM"]Heheheh[/YOUTUBE].

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    @bold parts, I agree on these as well. I would like to be acknowledged for some kind of creative contribution in the future, but I don't want to be red carpet famous.

hahahaha that's hilarious. Eminem, as Edgar already pointed out, is clearly ISTP.

Before you fly yourself off into "INFPs are amazing, therefore everyone whom I think is amazing is therefore an INFP" land... understand that that is not true.

Showing greatness and claiming greatness are not always the same coordinates on the graph of life.
    "thinks about what you said" mmm

not sure what to think... hmm

I really thought eminem was an infp... i read that a long time ago on some mbti website... there must be alot of false predictions about who is what out there on these sites... every socionics website or mbti or whatever lists so and so as this and this person as whatever....

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^I agree with the above posters about ISTP too. It's pretty obvious. Here is a [YOUTUBE="POCDyEWz2GI"]60 Minutes' Interview[/YOUTUBE] with him.

Interestingly, his 'tools' are his scribbled words which he keeps in his.......toolbox.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com