User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Oh, it is some time since I opened the thread and I forgot about it already actually. I guess I just wondered why I sometimes feel really shy and have trouble finding anything to say and then in other times it is completely different. On the one hand I was thinking about the reasons for this difference, and on the other hand I wondered how I could deal better with the situations where I am more quiet.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I just found this while browsing through 9gag.com and thought I had to post it here immediately

Anew Leaf

@Eckhart

I have experienced something very similar myself. I used to feel that I had to be genuinely me ALL the time, no matter how appropriate or inappropriate I was. If I didn't like someone, they knew it pretty quickly, etc. I was extremely shy and awkward and hated feeling like I didn't know what I was doing with people.

What helped me was realizing that I could loosen things up a little bit. If I didn't like someone, I needed to still be polite. If I felt awkward, I made an effort to be more outgoing. Slowly the habits were modified and I have learned to adapt to situations much better than I had been.

I hope this helps somewhat for you.