User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Is this an INFJ thing?

Question -

I tend to take forever to try new things in the medicine/beauty products realm. For instance, I bought teeth whitener and it literally sat on my sink a year before I finally tried it on my teeth. I've had the same thing happen to different vitamins, medicine, hair dye, and stuff like that.

Is that an INFJ thing? What is it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Could be INFJ inferior Se. You take a long time to assimilate new information.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

My problem is wantng to try new products before using up the old ones. I think I've tried every kind of drugstore foundation there is and have a whole drawerful of barely used makeup that is not quite right for me.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Question -

I tend to take forever to try new things in the medicine/beauty products realm. For instance, I bought teeth whitener and it literally sat on my sink a year before I finally tried it on my teeth. I've had the same thing happen to different vitamins, medicine, hair dye, and stuff like that.

Is that an INFJ thing? What is it?
    Same with me, totally! I have to introduce new products/regimes etc very...slowly...indeed (or, if it's a one off thing like hair-dye, plan it weeks in advance), or Se goes all crazy and like "AAA WTF IS THIS I CAN'T COPE WITH THIS D:" and runs away and hides under a rock, and I just end up kinda panicking and chucking in the new thing and liek half my established routine as well. -rolls eyes at self-

Pfft, being INFJ. So weird.

LOL.

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Hmmm...I dunno. If I want to do something, it's done. I hate being on the fence; even walking in the middle of a road, sidewalk, or hallway really bothers me. I feel the need to make a decision. So if I think, "Hey, I'm kinda bored with my hair color," the idea typically doesn't simmer for longer than a week before I've acted on it.

I guess, for the most part, I do avoid new products. I generally don't buy them unless I'm developing a new look or something's not working. My makeup supplies fit into a tiny zip-lock bag, anyway. I've never gone overboard with cosmetics and actually find their application to be something of a chore. (I guess I use them because I'm insecure about my appearance, not because I find it fun.) If I do have something new, though, I'll want to try it right away so that I can decide whether to use it or get rid of it and move on.

Do you guys tend to have cluttered bathrooms?
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    I guess, for the most part, I do avoid new products. I generally don't buy them unless I'm developing a new look or something's not working. My makeup supplies fit into a tiny zip-lock bag, anyway. I've never gone overboard with cosmetics and actually find their application to be something of a chore. (I guess I use them because I'm insecure about my appearance, not because I find it fun.) If I do have something new, though, I'll want to try it right away so that I can decide whether to use it or get rid of it and move on.

Do you guys tend to have cluttered bathrooms?
    I'm similar - I don't have many beauty products, kinda "the bare minimum" to keep me looking how I want to look, I guess. I rarely try out different brands of stuff much; I find all the choice and seemingly-endless product variations overwhelming, discomfiting even.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Yeah, I have always found the "shower, makeup, hair" routine to be a boring but necessary chore. It's like - let's get this over and get on with real life.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don’t bring new things home and never use them, but I do have an aversion to bringing new things home. I get nonplussed when one of the few products I do use gets discontinued and I have to find a new one. This seems to happen with eyeliner a lot, not many manufacturers make the same eyeliner for many years in a row. It almost feels like- by the time I get used to the new one, it gets discontinued. So I have a habit of getting several (of the exact same thing) when I find one I like.

I remember several years ago when I was on a quest for new shoes- I dragged my ENP around for two weeks to every shoe store I could think of. I hate shopping, but I consider my boots quite possibly the most important thing I wear. So after a couple of weeks of trying on countless boots, I finally found a pair I really liked. I can still remember my ENP, right there in the store, yelled “BUT THEY’RE THE EXACT SAME BOOTS YOU ALREADY HAVE.” He was totally right, and I wouldn’t have noticed it if he didn’t point it out. I mean I guess what made it so funny is that he’d been asking “Well what are you looking for?” over and over again, because he was getting sick of me not liking anything. And I was all, “I don’t know, but I’ll know it when I see it.”

So yeah, I just don’t like change. I do the same thing- stock up on something I like- when it comes to tea or shampoo or some such, as well.

Another peculiar habit- this is something my irl INFJ friend and I have in common- is to save the last trace amounts of something if it's been discontinued or become hard to find. I have two kinds of rose tea in my kitchen that are almost empty, but I refuse to use the last of it until I know I can get more. I have no idea what that's about.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I don’t bring new things home and never use them, but I do have an aversion to bringing new things home. I get nonplussed when one of the few products I do use gets discontinued and I have to find a new one. This seems to happen with eyeliner a lot, not many manufacturers make the same eyeliner for many years in a row. It almost feels like- by the time I get used to the new one, it gets discontinued. So I have a habit of getting several (of the exact same thing) when I find one I like.

I remember several years ago when I was on a quest for new shoes- I dragged my ENP around for two weeks to every shoe store I could think of. I hate shopping, but I consider my boots quite possibly the most important thing I wear. So after a couple of weeks of trying on countless boots, I finally found a pair I really liked. I can still remember my ENP, right there in the store, yelled “BUT THEY’RE THE EXACT SAME BOOTS YOU ALREADY HAVE.” He was totally right, and I wouldn’t have noticed it if he didn’t point it out. I mean I guess what made it so funny is that he’d been asking “Well what are you looking for?” over and over again, because he was getting sick of me not liking anything. And I was all, “I don’t know, but I’ll know it when I see it.”

So yeah, I just don’t like change. I do the same thing- stock up on something I like- when it comes to tea or shampoo or some such, as well.

Another peculiar habit- this is something my irl INFJ friend and I have in common- is to save the last trace amounts of something if it's been discontinued or become hard to find. I have two kinds of rose tea in my kitchen that are almost empty, but I refuse to use the last of it until I know I can get more. I have no idea what that's about.
    That last part reminds me of the "spongeworthy" Seinfeld episode. I can totally relate to that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

It's interesting that as an INFJ, we are really open to new ideas, but really closed to new "things."