User Tag List

First 12

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Another peculiar habit- this is something my irl INFJ friend and I have in common- is to save the last trace amounts of something if it's been discontinued or become hard to find. I have two kinds of rose tea in my kitchen that are almost empty, but I refuse to use the last of it until I know I can get more. I have no idea what that's about.
    Haha, yes! I totally do that, too, only with my favorite perfume. Even though it's a pretty well-known name, the specific scent isn't easy to come by, for some reason. It's always the least often in stock, and only two retailers tend to carry it (that I've noticed). So I'll use my other perfumes to preserve what I have left of my favorite, until I can finally buy a new bottle. It's just so me that I can't imagine any other scent being me.

The boots, too. I'm on my third pair of the same exact boots I use for everyday wear. When they eventually fall apart beyond repair, you can bet I'll buy a fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    It's interesting that as an INFJ, we are really open to new ideas, but really closed to new "things."
    Do you think it's because of the N and J functions working together?
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I save the last of things, too, just in case they might be, you know, the very last of the last. And then there wouldn't be anymore. I guess we'd rather have our cake?

I try new things pretty often in the search for the ideal, but when I find something I really like, I buy it in every color, or I buy backups. I don't let things sit around before I try them. I usually have several of any one thing open and being used at one time, with one of them in high rotation at the moment and the rest not current favorites but rediscovered as I go through my stash with either renewed appreciation or they get thrown out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I save the last of things, too, just in case they might be, you know, the very last of the last. And then there wouldn't be anymore. I guess we'd rather have our cake?

I try new things pretty often in the search for the ideal, but when I find something I really like, I buy it in every color, or I buy backups. I don't let things sit around before I try them. I usually have several of any one thing open and being used at one time, with one of them in high rotation at the moment and the rest not current favorites but rediscovered as I go through my stash with either renewed appreciation or they get thrown out.
    Same!

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I have a bit of a collection agency going on with lipgloss, lipstick, and various shades of nail polish. I like a variety of colors at my disposal. I've been searching for the perfect shade of lipgloss/lipstick that blends in well with my natural lip color, and when I get it in the store, it looks alright, but then I bring it home, and then it ends up looking either too red, too dark, or not the right color hue. I still have lipstick hanging around that I really like, and I've babied using it because I just can't find that color in the store anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Uh, seems too specific to be a type thing.

Can't say I've had any similar experiences, either. Then again, I don't spend time on my appearance except to make sure I don't look gross or out of place or something.