12 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default ENFPs, do you ever feel more like SPs or NTs than NFs?

I'm certain my function order is Ne-Fi-Te-Si, but a lot of the time, I don't really relate to NFs and feel more like an SP. sometimes I just wanna cut loose and not take life too seriously and some of the things NFs say make me wanna vomit it's so cliche (no offense intended, but seriously, you know it's true lol)
    being that ENFPs are a pretty dynamic, versatile type, do you guys ever feel more like SPs or NTs (or SJs)?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

My thought process can change, yeah. I think I mostly feel like an NF in my natural state. A lot of times I can mold to the people around me, and I think the most pleasant and easy change is an SP. So if I'm around SP's, (specifically at work where a lot of lightening up is needed), I will easily adopt that. Sometimes it's just nice to be out in a hurricane without listing all of the ways I can die
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't know that I feel like anything. But people have suggested that I might be either NT or SP in the past. The SP maybe from that I have learned to how to 'cut loose' and am interested in visual aesthetics. The NT probably comes from the fact that I can go technogeek. Type really shouldn't be taken too seriously.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I do think that there's a myth that F's, Fi users especially are emotional all the fucking time. Most of the time I'm in my room doing philosophy readings or just messing around in general. Not much to get pissed about.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    I do think that there's a myth that F's, Fi users especially are emotional all the fucking time. Most of the time I'm in my room doing philosophy readings or just messing around in general. Not much to get pissed about.
    that stereotype offends me so freaking much lol
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Confirmation Bias ="It is the peculiar and perpetual error of the human understanding to be more moved and excited by affirmatives than by negatives." --Francis Bacon. CB runs rampant on MBTI sites. Honestly it's more than a little frustrating. Dependent on my mood and at any time in my life, I have been capable of acting like any of the types, and people evolve over time as well into different types. Anyone is capable of being as cold-hearted and logical as an INTJ, anyone can be as silly as an ESFP, and anyone can act like an ENFP it that is what they aspire to. I have found that people who have really "dug in" to MBTI are sorta typists and frequently take a know-it-all approach with those who disagree. You are a human being, capable of a great variety of feeling, thought, experiences and choices, with the only limiting factor being your attitude. We exist more in the gray area then black and white.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

ENFP's with strong Se of who have grown in "Se" environment might be seen as SP. A ENFP growing up might use Se as an outlet for Ne (as I did as a child). Se feeds Ne, I think. On the other hand, I don't think there are "normal" ENFP's. We're all different, but alike in some things, and that is why there isn't a typical ENFP at all. There are just people who share similar traits on some parts of their personality.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    ENFP's with strong Se of who have grown in "Se" environment might be seen as SP. A ENFP growing up might use Se as an outlet for Ne (as I did as a child). Se feeds Ne, I think. On the other hand, I don't think there are "normal" ENFP's. We're all different, but alike in some things, and that is why there isn't a typical ENFP at all. There are just people who share similar traits on some parts of their personality.
    interesting. i grew up in a very NT environment and have also spent my career in one. as a result i think i present more like an ENTJ in business settings.

or so i thought, until Steve Jobs died and i had to present to a venture capitalist the next morning. when asked about the inspiration for my current product, i teared up. i knew i'd be asked this question going into the meeting and positioned the tissues nearby. (you'd think emotion would have negatively impacted our business discussions, but the VC got choked up, too. my awesome [and slightly alarmed INTJ] investor redirected the discussion while we dabbed at our eyes.)

all quite highlarious in retrospect. i mean, who makes VCs cry?

ENFPs.

p.s. happy monday <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dialetheism View Post
    I have found that people who have really "dug in" to MBTI are sorta typists and frequently take a know-it-all approach with those who disagree. You are a human being, capable of a great variety of feeling, thought, experiences and choices, with the only limiting factor being your attitude. We exist more in the gray area then black and white.
    beautifully put. +1.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Type really shouldn't be taken too seriously...
    ... says the guy not too sure of his type.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    interesting. i grew up in a very NT environment and have also spent my career in one. as a result i think i present more like an ENTJ in business settings.

or so i thought, until Steve Jobs died and i had to present to a venture capitalist the next morning. when asked about the inspiration for my current product, i teared up. i knew i'd be asked this question going into the meeting and positioned the tissues nearby. (you'd think emotion would have negatively impacted our business discussions, but the VC got choked up, too. my awesome [and slightly alarmed INTJ] investor redirected the discussion while we dabbed at our eyes.)

all quite highlarious in retrospect. i mean, who makes VCs cry?

ENFPs.
    I don't think this is that strange. Since I also live in 'high tech capital' I drove past Apple headquarters after Steve Jobs passed and there was a steady stream of people visiting the little memorial set up for him outside their building. Well into the wee hours.

When I last worked in a corporate environment I thought it was one of the most bizarre workplace environments because there was an undercurrent of "LOVE your job" (in the feelery sense) and the CEO would give these highly emotional and whimsical speeches as well as pleas to employees. It was very confusing for me. I would have preferred either a straight "business is serious business" vibe or else a "let's hug everyone because people's feelings are more important than meeting quarterly projections" vibe. I think for an Fi user who wasn't really plugged into the company's brand or corporate culture, I was a fish out of water. I think an Fe user, regardless of whether or not they cared about the company Kool-Aid would would be much better able to navigate.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari