• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What INFs really want

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What INFs really want is for everything to be exactly right, all the time.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
& every time something isn't right, it's a learning experience-- because there's no such thing as being right, truth being a concoction of the human intellect.

Also, largely a ridiculous concoction.

What does truth even matter? Unless you're building an invention-- which no decent INF would ever do. Inventions are coarse.

"Whatever will be will be"???? Probably accurate... so perhaps failures of the self shouldn't be taken personally.

What do INFs really want?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think if neither Pride nor Prejudice stands in their own way, entps and infps can accomplish for themselves anything they want

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9CnUVqh4Fc&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vRsscoOlo4&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CCCCCOMBO BREAKER

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really want a friend...and an iced tea.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The OP took me off guard and made me laugh out loud.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think we want it to be cosmically perfect rather than literally perfect.

There's a cartoon I can't ever find, but it's a friend walking into another friends room and talking about how messy it is, but the friend says that within the mess is an elaborate system. Pathways and piles that are "zones", such as dirty clothes, clean clothes, trash, recycling, etc.

I like to think that INFs are like that. It's not that we need for things to be orderly, it's that we need for things to be accordin to our inner order. Like my computer desktop. I have it filled with word documents. Some are notes in class, some are short stories, some are works in progress, then I have .pdfs of stories written that I like... I have notepad documents with ideas, etc. And I have them all in an order that's familiar to me. But every now and then my computer will get pissy and shift them all to one side of my screen in alphabetical or file type order or something, for whatever reason.

So I move them all back into their nonsensical system that's emotionally familiar to me. I know that my class syllabuses are in the upper right corner, the pdfs are in the lower right corner, program shortcuts are on the left side, and there's outposts of either chronologically similar documents or documents similar in nature scattered throughout the center.

I get extremely perturbed when my order is upset. Except for every now and then that I need more space and commit to a reorganization that involves taking all of the documents on my desktop I haven't opened in a month and moving them into folders that are also arbitrarily ordered and catalogued, dating back to when I was a freshman in High School.

It's a nonsensical system of orderless order that I keep because of emotional familiarity. With nonsensical rituals of significant familiarity, and I get really bothered whenever it's messed up in some way.

I think that's what we really want. I also think that we either 1.) consider conflict to be too unsettling to enforce our systems against each other, 2.) have interests that never overlap, so we stay out of each others' ways, or 3.) have a hive mind and all want the exact same orderless system.

The INF community hasn't destroyed humanity through neverending border conflicts over these systems, so something is keeping us peaceful :shock:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I want to get drunk and high. IS THAT ALRIGHT WITH YOU JUDGMENTAL MOTHERFUCKERS?!?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just want to know why.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9