123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Careers For INFPs - What INFPs were borne to do

Many of us have a problem with figuring out what to do in life. We do a little bit of everything, we love to explore, we have a unique perspective of the world and our own life experience. INFP is a lot of things but shallow is not one of them.

We suck at one thing bad...and that is following through. Why!? The answer is simple:

a) We get discouraged for various reasons, most often other people's opinions drag us down.
    b) Sticking to something we already figured out is boring as hell.

So the question is: "What should I do if I love experiencing and have all these opinions, feelings and perspectives inside of myself?"

The answer:
    You are meant to manifest all that through creativity and share it with the rest of the world.

It is that simple. That is what INFPs are born to do. To experience and then express that point of view in some way that touches other people.

This can be any form of expression from art to activism...writing, music, psychology and so on.

To get good at something one must be ready to invest more then 10000 hours. The only thing an INFP needs to invest 10K hours into is his or her method of expressing the inner world.

If you think writing is perfect for you then practice that and invest the 10000 hours while still doing other stuff, experiencing life. This doesn't have to be your job, just some fun fulfilling thing you do. Life is not worth living without it.

this is my opinion. Discuss.
    Last edited by highlander; 10-12-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    Enneagram: | 6w7 cp - 4w5 - 1w2 Sp/Sx/So | The Philosopher King

Supine - Melancholic
    Socionics: IEE-3Ne

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

To make life to hell for men !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYh_OU3X8AM"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I very much agree with OP thoughts on this. VERY MUCH! Infact, Ne as an auxillary function seeks to do this. INFP's seem to be here to reflect humanity back to itself, through some creative, artistic perspective that connects with others on a very personal level.

FTR, I consider myself an XNFP. (I need to change my profile info, someday, when not lazy.) I notice that in myself I feel very, very high when I can take something, especially something random and seemingly unimportant, and spin it in a way that gives it a whole new meaning. In a way that helps other people see the meaning. Something they didn't see before because their perspective was different. In a nutshell, I like to reveal (not create- its already there) meaning behind something, but my real skill or talent is the ability to see the meaning or magnificence in the first place (fi), consider all the ways it can be uniquely transformed and connected in the external world (ne), decide which of these ways is historically well received (si), and then make it happen (te).

I've noticed (and this could just be my experience) that INFP's typically enjoy taking something already in existance and re-creating it with meaning instead of creating from scratch.

Artistic pursuits I've tried -
    Comic strips (ideas from external events that i twist and change to be satirical and funny)
    Videos I've put together with certain pictures and music to change object into something meaningful.
    Photography (especially 'majic hour" when the lighting entirely transforms something)
    I LOVE new versions of music. Acoustic, remixed, etc.. Lately I've been into orchestra and string versions of classic rock.
    Buying old furniture from discount thrift stores (for $5 bucks) and sanding, painting, or decorating it to look like something out of Soho or Pier 1 (for $300.00!) =)

However,
    I wan't to add that I am not convinced ALL INFP's are the same.

Good info on INFP careers:

"Those of the INFP personality type, similar to their INTP counterparts, sometimes encounter difficulty discovering long-term satisfaction in their careers, majors, and jobs. INFP college students may experience similar difficulties in identifying a major which fits their skills, interests, and abilities.
    One factor in the INFP’s difficulty identifying a suitable career path is the ebb and flow of their interests. Like INTPs, they may quickly grow restless and impatient when performing the same job or studying the same subject for a sustained period of time. This may be less common among INFJs and INTJs, who tend to do better with follow-through and project completion.

On the Strong / Holland inventory, INFPs often exhibit “Artistic” and “Social” interests. Those interested in the “arts” may be drawn to music, theater / drama, visual arts, healing arts, graphic design, interior design, and the like. Others may opt to study creative writing, poetry, or literature, perhaps even at the graduate level. If combined with “Realistic” interests, those of the INFP personality type may choose to study landscape or traditional architecture, archeology, sculpting, software design, or environmental science.

INFPs possessing “Social” interests will often gravitate toward healthcare / medical professions, counseling, ministry, psychology, journalism, or potentially teaching. Since they tend to be more perceptive than directive, INFPs typically do better in one-to-one interaction than teaching large groups. If they do opt to teach, they will usually enjoy the role of facilitator rather than lecturer, believing in the value of organic and experiential learning.

Those possessing both “Social” and “Realistic” interests, may choose to study nursing, physical or occupational therapy, or holistic health careers such as massage, yoga instruction, acupuncture, chiropractic, etc. INFPs make the best “healers” of all types, using their extraordinary perceptiveness, intuition, and feeling to improve the health and well-being of others.

INFPs with a mild feeling preference may also select “Investigative” jobs and careers. They may enjoy majors and occupations in the social sciences, such as psychology, sociology, and anthropology, as well as health or biological sciences. Investigative INFPs may also display interests in journalism, non-fiction writing, and other careers in research or scholarship. Many of the top scholars in the humanities are likely of this personality type.

Though less common, some INFPs may exhibit “Enterprising” interests. If endowed with sufficient extraversion, attention to detail, and the ability to follow-through, these types can do quite well with entrepreneurial endeavors. Entrepreneurship grants them the autonomy and freedom they desperately desire, unfettered by the strictures of organizational life. For INFPs who do opt to start their own business, many will select the non-profit route. Though typically not as lucrative, nonprofit careers allow them to work toward something that accords with their values and allows them to make a difference.

The following lists exemplify the types of jobs, vocations, occupations, majors, or careers that may be well-suited for the Myers Briggs INFP personality type:

Realistic:

Computer science, software design, programming, systems analyst
    Landscape architecture
    Architect
    Engineer (although often preferred by judging types)
    Archeology, archeologist
    Veterinarian
    Medical assistant, laboratory technician
    Forestry, parks, recreation; park ranger
    Environmental scientist, geology
    Investigative:

Biology, neuroscience
    Researcher, research assistant, scholar
    Social sciences (sociology, psychology, anthropology, political science, geography, history)
    Librarian, library sciences
    Investigative journalist, reporter, editor
    Physician, doctor of medicine, psychiatry, pathology, internal medicine, ophthalmology
    Philosopher, theology, theologian, linguist
    Critic, art, film
    Humanities, philosophy, critical theory
    Public health, health sciences
    Physician, doctor: neurology, psychiatry, internal medicine, etc.
    Artistic:

Dance
    Actor
    Musician
    Interior design
    Graphic / website design
    Creative media producer
    Painter, sculptor
    Photography, photographer
    Poet, creative writer, playwright, dramatist, screen writer
    Social:

College professor
    Life coach
    Translator
    Physical, occupational, respiratory therapist; optometrist
    Audiology, optometry
    Massage therapist, yoga instructor, acupuncture, osteopathy, homeopathy
    Nurse, nurse practitioner
    Mediator, diplomat, peace studies
    Minister, pastor, rabbi, priest, monk, nun
    Psychologist (clinical or counseling), psychiatrist
    Counselor, social worker
    Dietician, nutritionist
    Teacher, English, drama, art, music, foreign language
    Human resources
    Speech language pathologist
    Enterprising:

Entrepreneur, nonprofit
    Marketing, advertising
    Consultant, educational"
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Thats too much I cant possibly read that all !!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

With questions like these, I imagine what kind of unique role XXXX person would play in a paleolithic society. My guess for INFPs is picking fleas out of other people's hair. So, yeah, health care sounds about right.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    With questions like these, I imagine what kind of unique role XXXX person would play in a paleolithic society. My guess for INFPs is picking fleas out of other people's hair. So, yeah, health care sounds about right.
    Ahhh XXX is always good ! Cant be too paleonthologic

I think they were meant to find some obscure place worth planting a bomb in, and then pressing the red button.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ahhh XXX is always good ! Cant be too paleonthologic
    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think they were meant to find some obscure place worth planting a bomb in, and then pressing the red button.
    I'm not your run of the mil INFP and you caught me in a real bad moment. Keep your shit to yourself, this is a serious post. If this were real life you'd be crawling in a ditch bleeding from the head before you uttered even 50% of that crap. I don't tolerate bullshit like this, get that into your thick fucking skulls! NO as an INFP I'm not some God damn pussy who is going to take bullshit like this lying down :\!

<__< you don't fuck around on my thread got that!? I'm done with this. You can all blow it out your asses and yes I will beat the living shit out of the next person who pisses me off. Nothing but fucking trash all of you.

I don't fucking care if I am banned for this.
    Enneagram: | 6w7 cp - 4w5 - 1w2 Sp/Sx/So | The Philosopher King

Supine - Melancholic
    Socionics: IEE-3Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    I'm not your run of the mil INFP and you caught me in a real bad moment. Keep your shit to yourself, this is a serious post. If this were real life you'd be crawling in a ditch bleeding from the head before you uttered even 50% of that crap. I don't tolerate bullshit like this, get that into your thick fucking skulls! NO as an INFP I'm not some God damn pussy who is going to take bullshit like this lying down :\!

<__< you don't fuck around on my thread got that!? I'm done with this. You can all blow it out your asses and yes I will beat the living shit out of the next person who pisses me off. Nothing but fucking trash all of you.

I don't fucking care if I am banned for this.
    It's okay man... these aren't the streets of Mexico City, YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT ANYMORE.

If it makes you feel better, I've figured that the ENFP's purpose is to spread genetic diversity either by sluttily impregnating or getting impregnated by members of other tribes.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

^^I love your fight. Don't ever change that. Oh - this is directed at Rim, not that other dumbass.