User Tag List

123 Last

Default NFs obsessed with knowledge.. just like NTs.

Are there?
    There's a stereotype that NTs are obsessed with knowledge.. but i relate to this more and more.. I couldnt care less about some stuff like some exact hystorical data, but I am obsessed with knowing about everything just enough. I couldn't walk on Earth if I didnt know how does the human body functions. It shocks me when people dont care or dont know it. I mean, it's your residence for 80+ years, and you dont know the basics - you dont know what exactly is chromosome, or meiosis?!
    Stuff like that. The same with internet stuff, web design etc., it will never be my career but I cant sleep if I dont know what is it all about, how it functions, I feel paralysed. I feel like my knowledge lust is expansive, I want to grab the wide portion to get the big picture and the more you learn the more you see there is never the end.

Can you relate? Could this be SP dom in instinctual variants related ?

I care more about the knowledge, career etc., than about close relationships <- weird?! i mean, i can not live without love, but knowledge is my passion, not only holding in knowledge but putting it to use.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    Are there?
    There's a stereotype that NTs are obsessed with knowledge.. but i relate to this more and more.. I couldnt care less about some stuff like some exact hystorical data, but I am obsessed with knowing about everything just enough. I couldn't walk on Earth if I didnt know how does the human body functions. It shocks me when people dont care or dont know it. I mean, it's your residence for 80+ years, and you dont know the basics - you dont know what exactly is chromosome, or meosis?!
    Stuff like that. The same with internet stuff, web design etc., it will never be my career but I cant sleep if I dont know what is it all about, how it functions, I feel paralysed. I feel like my knowledge lust is expansive, I want to grab the wide portion to get the big picture and the more you learn the more you see there is never the end.

Can you relate? Could this be SP dom in instinctual variants related ?

I care more about the knowledge, career etc., than about close relationships <- weird?!
    Kind of. Not to the extent of NT's- it's not my lifeline, but I think that life would be awfully dull without it. Not much to think about with the extra supplementation of information. I think it's easy to get really sucked in in this era- because there is so much information available to us, it's easy to get on a line of thought and keep wanting to research more and more and more. It's like a bad vicious cycle. Fresh new books are addictive, too. I am definitely a surface skimmer. Getting too depthy with stuff tends to make me tired and curious about stuff related to it, rather than actually sticking with what it is I'm supposed to be learning. My favorite are the Barnes and Noble trips. Especially the science section, it's ADD central, three pages here, two pages there. It can go on all day long. It's just a malfunction that occurs from too much googling. Googleitis or something. Wikicephaly.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

I relate .. but i definately have it as "life purpose", there are times in my life when i ignore all there is to learn but that's when i dont feel like "myself"..

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Chloe
    I have a fascination with zoology, human evolution (still waiting for scientists to clone a neanderthal ) and various aspects anthropology. I don't tend to do a lot of textual research into it, but i have an addiction to documentaries
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I relate .. but i definately have it as "life purpose", there are times in my life when i ignore all there is to learn but that's when i dont feel like "myself"..
    Yeah, it would be extremely awkward to get rid of the information all together.

"The day the information died...."

I do it with school, too. If i'm not in school, I tend to want to sign up for classes all the time. I don't know what I would do if they told me that I couldn't keep learning stuff.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, it would be extremely awkward to get rid of the information all together.

"The day the information died...."

I do it with school, too. If i'm not in school, I tend to want to sign up for classes all the time. I don't know what I would do if they told me that I couldn't keep learning stuff.
    if I am in school, i want to be out of school, if i am out of school, i want to go to school. but that's totally different topic

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Chloe
    I have a fascination with zoology, human evolution (still waiting for scientists to clone a neanderthal ) and various aspects anthropology. I don't tend to do a lot of textual research into it, but i have an addiction to documentaries
    i adore anthropology, but what i was saying is that I am just obsessed with knowing everything about stuff like economics, politics, internet business/programming etc... so i can have everything "covered"... all that is happening in the world needs to be "covered" in my head or else i feel like i am missing out on stuff.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

i adore anthropology, but what i was saying is that I am just obsessed with knowing everything about stuff like economics, politics, internet business/programming etc... so i can have everything "covered"... all that is happening in the world needs to be "covered" in my head or else i feel like i am missing out on stuff.
    you sound like my INTJ friend.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you sound like my INTJ friend.
    except that I am 0% J.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

except that I am 0% J.
    doubtful, you're a 3w4 after all.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!