User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm like this but i've always thought it was ne wanting to absorb all different kinds of information so i can understand the world better combined with my 5 wing.

i am also like this but with things that personally interest me. it has made me wonder if i'm more of a T than an F or a 5 more than a 4 but when i look into it i always come back to my core type. i don't really understand what is behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i'm like this but i've always thought it was ne wanting to absorb all different kinds of information so i can understand the world better combined with my 5 wing.
    yeah, probably Ne + sp dominance (in my case) + enneagram 3 (ambition to have a significant place in the world.. if i dont follow the trends i cant keep up and can't be successful)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    It's true. I am unsuccessful 3w4. we can be 100% P.
    What is your tri-type?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    What is your tri-type?
    379, 397, or 396, or 369.. anyway, I dont relate to type 5 at all, if that's what you were aiming at ?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I am addicted to knowing ... The more I know, the more connections I can make.
    I can be insatiable.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    I'd agree with this. I don't want to "know everything", but there are LOTS of subjects I wish I knew a moderate amount about, macroeconomics for example. Other topics I wish I knew a ton more about. I feel like math is perhaps the only non-F subject I wish I knew a ton about.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    379, 397, or 396, or 369.. anyway, I dont relate to type 5 at all, if that's what you were aiming at ?
    Just looking a another data point. Not thinking 5.

6 seems to align with being inquisitive and if you combine that with 3 which is the achiever type, it might make some sense. I have both of those in my tri-type and do tend to tend to have a strong desire to understand things and am inquisitive but then I'm an NT as well.

I don't know how instinctual variants would relate.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think there are a couple of things at play here.
    i) My job in research requires me to absorb large amounts of knowledge, even those that may just be in distantly or tangentially-related fields as you never know where innovative inspiration can come from.
    ii) Ne(?) curiosity on the other hand drives the more trivial knowledge-seeking such as Wikipedia-surfing and watching Discovery/Animal Planet.
    iii) There is also the part where knowledge in a broad variety of subjects can be used as a communication tool. Talking about sports, movies, music, etc can be a great ice-breaker.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I do go through periods of being obsessed with knowledge, and these periods lasted longer when I was younger.

But these days, I've found that I enjoy spending time with my online friends on Skype, and sharing jokes more than I enjoy actually learning new things. There are still times I just want to get away from it all and go into a serious period of intense focus and learning, but not nearly as much as I used to.

Also, my areas of focus are now often related to the people I interact with. For instance, I started studying how to play D&D because we're now playing a game of it online in one Skype group. I started studying Japanese briefly because a friend needed something translated and I knew Hiragana. I might watch and research a specific anime that I know my friends are watching, and which sounds interesting. I might study out how IRC works, what clients are available, and how to create servers or channels because everyone just started using an IRC chat.

In other words, my new learning tends to be focused in the areas of whatever the group is involved in, rather than my own personal interests now. However, that might be partly due to the fact that these people have interests that overlap with mine so that it's comfortable to do this.