User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Default What does the INFP - INFP relation look like?

Okay ya.

I am curious about this because my one INFP friend is very attracted to my other INFP friend. AND i hear it frequently mentioned in threads, that infps (atleast in theory) prefer their same type.

Now to me this concept seems a bit strange, to say the least. Perhaps It's because I can't fathom two ENFP's together. The craziness, the shenanigans, the energy, and fighting for the lime light. UGH! But I really wonder what the hell two INFP's would look like? How would they operate in this cruel reality? Would one pick up the slack the other leaves? Would the behaviors (not core personality) significantly change? Would they ever leave their home? (Real concern revealed haha).

What has been your experience?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    IxFP

Near for me. I've never fell in love with a INFP
    I had an ex who was a ISFP and the mutual Fi made our relation extremely difficult. We shared meaningfull moments, we certainly loved each other, but at the end our self absortion and her tendency to be so egocentric and hermetic destroyed the relationship...
    Recently Im getting to know an ESFJ girl... The difference is huge.

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

@FineLine - he is an INFP married to an INFP - he may have some thoughts on the topic.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    @FineLine - he is an INFP married to an INFP - he may have some thoughts on the topic.
    It would be AWESOME if @FineLine was willing to offer up his experience!
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Back when the INFP forum was still around this relationship was seen as a "heaven or hell" type relationship. REALLY good, or REALLY bad. I've read that male INFP's often marry INFP women [likewise female ENFJ's often marry male ENFJ's].

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i dated an enfp/entp hybrid person and felt like an infp and now i'm with an infp and i feel like an entp/enfp hybrid haha
    i don't know what the point of that is...sorry.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I feel like an ENTP/INFP hybrid frequently. Or sometimes I just think I am ENFP, and sometimes I think I'm INTP. I feel like I can jump all over depending on the situation.

On topic, I think that INFP + INFP at least one of them would have to be a bit more extroverted, nearly 0 midline. Otherwise no one could step up to the plate to get things moving.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Frenetic Tranquility View Post
    I feel like an ENTP/INFP hybrid frequently. Or sometimes I just think I am ENFP, and sometimes I think I'm INTP. I feel like I can jump all over depending on the situation.

On topic, I think that INFP + INFP at least one of them would have to be a bit more extroverted, nearly 0 midline. Otherwise no one could step up to the plate to get things moving.
    What plate do you speak of?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    What plate do you speak of?
    Really anything. Need someone to take initiative in general. Even just starting the dating process going might be a huge task for two INFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I think I might identify one girl from my former school as INFP (100% sure I am not though), other than that I cannot remember having known more INFPs (maybe I did but didn't realize). While there was always some symphathy going on between each other I would say, we were both not really the initiating kind of people (she maybe a little more than me but still not very much) so we didn't get real friends or so, although I actually liked her. It was no romantic interest going on though from my side, probably not from her side either although at start I was not 100% sure.